Market Access Strategy Lead (MASL)
Market Access Strategy Lead (MASL)
The Market Access Strategy Lead (MASL) will be responsible for the overall Worldwide Market Access Strategy for one or more of BMS’s portfolio assets or combination of assets in the oncology space. He or she will provide input to the Development and Commercial Strategy organization on the Market Access Strategy. The MASL will partner with the Pricing Strategy Lead to optimize the value of the IO Franchise in the evolution of the Pricing Strategy for the IO portfolio. Partner with US organization, advocacy and policy teams and markets.
This position will work with the Development, Commercial, HEOR, and Pricing Organizations as well as all BMS Market Access and Pricing functions around the globe to drive the development of the Market Access strategy for one or more of BMS’s portfolio assets or combination of assets in the oncology space. The position is cross functional in nature and is part of a highly matrixed organization, working on a wide range of needs and issues from evaluating payer insights to influence brand strategies to reviewing and leading the approval of new business cases for in-market brands.
- Develop Worldwide Market Access strategy for BMS' in-line and pipeline Oncology Medicines/assets by tumor/indication (e.g. OPDIVO®, YERVOY®, & Pipeline Assets (e.g. IDO, LAG3, & GITR).
- Work with Commercial, Medical, Business Insights and Analytics teams and local markets to ensure relevant insights obtained to formulate Market Access Strategy.
- Ensure registration trial designs are considered in the full evidence generation plans so that we BMS meets payer needs and requirement.
- To the greatest extent possible, ensure timely generation of evidence required to support Market Access Strategy post strategy development.
- Collaborate with the WW pricing strategy lead to adapt the Worldwide Pricing strategy for assigned BMS' Oncology assets maximizing both speed of access and long-term franchise value -based on Market Access strategy that considers commercial objectives and the market environment we anticipated at launch of the asset/combination of assets.
- Ensure that the Market Access Strategy' is supported by strong Payer Value Propositions articulating bold and differentiated messages on clinical, humanistic and economic benefits, and that those propositions are supported by strong bodies of evidence coming from both interventional, non-interventional, and real-world data in time for the first worldwide price negotiation at launch of the Brand or new Indication.
- In a competitive market like oncology, look to differentiate the BMR treatment using PRO and HEOR based evidence to support the Value Story.
- Work with BMS Regulatory to seek PRO claims in the product label.
- Drive the strategic input to inform executional plan of WW Market Access Strategy Core Market Access deliverables for assigned BMS Oncology asset or combination of assets.
- Core Value Dossier.
- Health Economic Models.
- Global Communication and Publication Plans tied to the Market Access Strategy/Evidence Generation Plan.
- Partner with the WW Pricing Strategy Lead to effectively adapt the current IO franchise pricing strategy for new indications to optimize speed of access while maximizing long term portfolio value.
- Take part in Development Teams to ensure Market Access perspective incorporated into development plans.
- Monitor external environment and synthesize input to inform your strategy.
- Ensure that all recommended Market Access activities comply with regulatory agencies, public policies/guidelines, and with corporate policies and procedures.
- If required, lead a team of people.
- Effectively navigate matrix in order to develop and maintain positive relationships with other functional areas and Market Access colleagues in order to drive alignment, consistency where appropriate, best practice sharing, and flawless implementation of all Market Access activities.
- Strong understanding of the current and emerging global Market Access environment in Oncology Medicines.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate future Market Access strategy scenarios and lead cross-functional teams, without formal authority, to act on these scenarios.
- In depth Market Access experience from one or more countries required.
- Solid understanding of the biopharmaceuticals industry in oncology therapeutics;
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience with a strong track record in Market Access, Pricing or HEOR in a Global/WW or large local markets
- Demonstrated ability to change payer perception of a market and in particular to establish unmet needs and drive value perception.
- Knowledge of the Product Development and Commercialization Process.
- Launch/ commercialization experience desired.
- Demonstration of all BMS Behaviors, including Accountability, Innovation, Passion & Speed.
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA and/or post graduate degree required.