Research Associate -Mouse Tumor Modeling, Orthotopic Cell Implantation
Research Associate -Mouse Tumor Modeling
Orthotopic Cell Implantation
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
Our Oncology Research group is looking for a Research Associate. As part of the Oncology Research group, the candidate will support our expanding efforts to implement highly predictive in vitro and orthotopic in vivo tumor models of solid tumors for the testing of existing and newly-developed therapeutics. The individual will be critically involved in developing and executing in vivo studies assessing anti-tumor efficacy of novel combination therapies. This work will directly impact the identification of strategies and lead molecules for clinical development.
The ideal candidate will have in-depth expertise in the area of solid tumor modeling and orthotopic cell implantation techniques. The candidate should be highly motivated, flexible and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
This position requires a minimum of a B.S./M/S and at least 3-5 years experience with pre-clinical and orthotopic tumor models.
Additional requirements include:
- Strong expertise with mouse work is required (mouse handling, surgery, and orthotopic cell implantation; dosing via iv, ip, sc, retro-orbital routes)
- Expertise with ex-vivo mouse work, tissue collection and processing, ability to monitor tumor volume and mouse health is needed; experience with multi-parameter flow cytometry and/or ELISA is desired
- Primary human/mouse cell isolation, culture and functional assays
- Organoid/tumoroid isolation and culture
- Data analysis and interpretation, presentation of data at group meetings
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient in data analysis (PRISM, FlowJo, Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint)
- Strong record keeping as well as verbal and written communication skills
Level will be commensurate with experience.
This position will require a physical before starting.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.