Scientist / Staff Scientist, Anti-Tumor Immunotherapy Development
Scientist / Staff Scientist
Anti-Tumor Immunotherapy Development
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
We are looking for a PhD level Scientist to join our Immuno-Oncology group. The successful candidate will directly contribute to the development of novel bispecific antibody therapeutics to treat a variety of malignancies in patients. This candidate will join a dynamic, high-profile, and multidisciplinary team that studies an array of anti-tumor immunotherapies that also include Antibody-drug conjugates, CAR-T cells, and ImmunoPET imaging.
The scientist will be responsible for validating our expanding portfolio of bispecific antibodies that have been engineered to engage a variety of immune effector pathways, including co-stimulatory signaling. Specifically, this candidate will develop novel animal models to conduct complex in vivo and ex vivo murine tumor studies with bispecific antibodies and test rational combinations of cancer therapeutics with the goal of advancing leads to the clinic.
The qualified individual will have a strong background in one or more areas of tumor biology, immunology, oncology, and/or immuno-oncology.
Ideal applicants will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as this candidate will be expected to work productively in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment; the candidate will also be responsible for sharing data with senior scientific leadership as the therapeutics are advanced.
Further, critical problem-solving abilities and a commitment to scientific excellence are desired.
• Design, plan, and independently perform complex anti-tumor efficacy studies in mice including: cell culture, dosing (IV, SC, IP), and measuring tumors, as well as the disssection of immune organs for subsequent ex vivo analysis.
• Develop novel murine models to invesgtigate combinatorial immuno-therapeutic strategies
• Design flow cytometry (FACS) panels and perform FACS analysis on human and murine cells, tumors, and tissues
• Synthesize results across experiments and programs in powerpoint presentations and present to colleagues and senior management, including clinical and regulatory teams.
• Responsible for authoring documents to be published in regulatory filings, patent applications, external conference posters, and journal articles.
• Work successfully in cross-functional teams by contributing data and ideas as requested
• This Scientist position comes with the potential to manage Research Asscociates
Experimental lab work (in the vivarium and well as the laboratory) will be ~ 50-60% of the job
This position will require a PhD and a minimum of 3-5 years following post-doc. Experience should include:
• Skilled in the design of complex studies to interrogate in vivo efficacy of novel therapeutic bispecific antibodies and rational immunotherapy combinations
• Ability to independently perform in vivo efficacy studies in both immunocompetent and immunocompromised mice (tumor implantation, monitoring tumor growth by caliper or bioluminescence (IVIS), and monitoring survival)
• Skilled in ex vivo and in vitro techniques, including the culture of human and mouse cells and the analysis of serum cytokine levels
• Skilled in development and design of FACS antibody panels and analysis of FACS data
• Ability to dissect immune organs and tumors from mice and perform ex-vivo immune cell subset analysis by FACS.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
• Ability to author documents to be published in IND filings, patent applications and external conference posters and journal articles
Level will be commensurate with experience
This position will require the individual to pass a physical before beginning employment.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.