Regional Business Leader, Chicago
Regional Business Leader, Chicago
Eisai Oncology Business Group
The Oncology Regional Business Leader spearheads a cross-functional Commercial team within a geographic region to execute on Eisai’s business plans and accomplish sales objectives for Eisai’s Oncology portfolio. This enterprise leader is a general manager of their respective region and accountable for aligning all cross-functional resources. The Oncology Regional Business Leader role is intended to ensure complete alignment between traditional selling and account management to service all types of Oncology customers. They will oversee collaboration between a two-sleeved sales force, account management teams, & various specialty roles in order to maximize sales potential at the individual physician target-level and at the Organized Customer account-level.
1. Attract, motivate, and retain regional talent to achieve sales goals - driving an integrated approach to our customers. This includes enterprise-level management of District Sales Managers, Integrated Customer Account Managers, and other specialty roles, aligned to maximize performance and revenue growth. These responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the development and execution of strategic sales and account plans, and ensure implementation of tailored field force efforts to meet unique regional needs
- Align regional selling and account management efforts with District Sales Managers and Integrated Customer Account Managers to enforce understanding of strategic brand priorities and execution via a one team approach.
- Monitor regional market and competitor trends, and assess impact on Organized and non-Organized targets, including opportunities and challenges for Eisai Oncology products and communicate findings with corporate leadership and local field teams.
2. Serve as an active member of the Commercial Leadership team, partnering with relevant cross functional departments to provide market intelligence and contributing to development of appropriate business strategies that support brand(s) objectives. Departments include but not limited to Marketing, HR, Sales Training, Trade, Managed Markets, and Sales Analytics.
3. Oversee talent acquisition, resource deployment, adherence to regional budgets, and individual compliance to Eisai policies and procedures in a region.
4. Drive company leased vehicle to meetings with health care providers and other appropriate stakeholders and partners. When necessary, travel overnight including within territory and to conferences, training and sales meetings.
5. Comply and drive team compliance with all Eisai promotional and administrative policies and applicable law.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS/BA) required; advanced degree (MBA) preferred
- Minimum of 12+ years of pharmaceutical sales experience with 5+years in oncology and management role(s)
- Minimum 2+ years of experience leading an Organized Customer account management team OR track record of leading cross-functional high performing teams
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead successful cross-functional teams through effective motivation and leadership
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven success in effective communication
- Experience with Organized Customers and in-depth knowledge of how integrated health systems operate within current market trends
- Strong understanding of Oncology therapeutic area and current trends
- Strong understanding of pharmaceutical industry procedures and regulations
- Strong business acumen related to traditional Oncology selling and Organized Customer account management
- Demonstrated ability to make executive decisions
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and give strategic guidance
- Demonstrated ability to manage headcount and resource deployment
- Must successfully complete all company training programs and pass the company certification process, as well as all customer mandated and vendor credentialing requirements
- Valid US driver’s license and a driving record in compliance with company standards
- Ability to safely and successfully operate a motor vehicle is required
For consideration, apply at:
Eisai is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet