GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is using the power of high-intensity sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop and commercialize pioneering products for the early detection of cancer. The company is located in Menlo Park, California and Hong Kong. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
As a Scientist I at GRAIL, you will join an exceptional research team focused on GRAIL’s ground-breaking technology development efforts and scientific collaborations with industry and academic partners. You will be responsible for leading wet-lab research and development studies in new technology and product applications areas. Additionally, your contributions and analysis of the data arising out of studies will result in exciting discoveries in cancer biology, impactful publications, and new diagnostic and therapeutic strategies.
You will be expected to provide technical leadership in the development of improved methods, analysis, pipelines, and algorithms applied to next-generation sequencing data. You will also frequently interact with GRAIL’s industry partners program team and external partners. The ideal candidate is a team player with excellent communication skills and significant experience in NGS assay development and genomic data analysis.
- Plan and lead execution of internal assay development/validation activities as well as collaborative research with GRAIL’s academic and industry partners.
- Prototype, optimize, implement, and test new laboratory techniques and analysis methods for NGS-based molecular assays.
- Apply your knowledge of cancer biology and appropriate advanced analytical methods as needed to generate new biological insights that advance projects.
- Summarize, present and document study outcomes to key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with different functions including bioinformatics, data science, biostatistics, clinical development, quality, and clinical operations.
- Generate new ideas that contribute to GRAIL’s IP portfolio.
Your Background Should Include:
- PhD degree in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Cancer Genomics or relevant disciplines with 0-3 years of postdoctoral or industry experience.
- Hands-on experience with and in-depth knowledge of Illumina NGS workflows including DNA/RNA extraction, library preparation, sequencing, and data analysis.
- Proven track record of developing and optimizing NGS assay protocols.
- Knowledge of theoretical and applied statistics.
- Fluency in R or Python a plus.
- Experience with statistical programming software (e.g., JMP) and Design of Experiment (DOE) a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More searches like this
- Clinical Research Oncology Senior Medical Scientist and / or Liaison jobs in Menlo Park
- Clinical Trials Research Senior Medical Scientist and / or Liaison jobs in Menlo Park
- Laboratory-Based Research Senior Medical Scientist and / or Liaison jobs in Menlo Park
- Medical Oncology Senior Medical Scientist and / or Liaison jobs in Menlo Park
- Pharmaceutical Senior Medical Scientist and / or Liaison jobs in Menlo Park