GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is using the power of high-intensity sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop and commercialize pioneering products for the early detection of cancer. The company is located in Menlo Park, California and Hong Kong. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The Epidemiologist will be responsible for providing epidemiologic leadership to the inception, design and execution of clinical studies, including the large prospective cohort studies needed to demonstrate the clinical utility of GRAIL’s clinical tests. He or she will work closely with the Medical Directors to operationalize the clinical development strategies for different proposed indications of the GRAIL test. This position reports to the Principal Clinical Scientist (Epidemiologist).
- Participate and contribute epidemiology and population science expertise as part of teams planning the design, review, execution, analysis, and publication of specific GRAIL clinical studies in support of product development plans, ensuring rigorous and compliant study conduct.
- Contribute to protocols, operational plans, study reports, presentations, and publications of clinical studies. Specifically, (1) Provide recruitment and enrollment strategies across cohort studies to meet accrual and retainment expectations, and implement these strategies (2) Help develop and implement marketing strategies for accrual and retainment (3) Work cross functionally with the operational team in designing and implementing the operational processes for cohort studies (4) Source external data as needed to inform representativeness or otherwise to contextualize GRAIL studies or results.
- Collaborate with internal and external thought leaders to ensure quality and rigor of contributions
- Stay abreast of industry and academic developments in the cancer cohort field and apply to study design and operations.
- Provide population science perspective to teams planning GRAIL product marketing strategy.
Your Background Should Include
- Ph.D. in epidemiology, biostatistics or related population science discipline
- At least 3+ years of experience working in industry or academia, including deep experience in the design and conduct of large-scale cancer epidemiology cohorts and cancer registries
- Experience multidisciplinary, multi-center oncology research preferred
- Experience and network carrying out research in Asian countries preferred
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and maintain effective relationships with internal and external collaborators
- Strong team player with demonstrated track record of success in fast-paced, cross-functional team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More searches like this
- Clinical Research Oncology Director of Clinical Informatics jobs in Menlo Park
- Clinical Trials Research Director of Clinical Informatics jobs in Menlo Park
- Laboratory-Based Research Director of Clinical Informatics jobs in Menlo Park
- Medical Oncology Director of Clinical Informatics jobs in Menlo Park
- Biochemistry Director of Clinical Informatics jobs in Menlo Park