Associate Scientist, Immunology
Associate Scientist, Immunology
Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a highly-motivated professional who is looking to grow their career with our company.
- Designs, implements and analyzes in vitro and in vivo pharmacology studies.
- Develops and validates novel in vitro assays to support early targets for HTS and lead identification.
- Manages logistics of study implementation and in vitro sample analysis.
- Conducts special analyses and assists senior professionals in carrying out research tasks.
- Identifies test methodologies, devises theories, conducts tests, reaches conclusions and recommends solutions to guide other research and development work.
- Participates in the development of plans, schedules and costs of assigned projects/programs.
- Prepares reports on assigned projects for internal and external use, makes presentations to team and contributes to technical journals.
- Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees, management and external partners.
Qualifications and Experience
- PhD in a scientific discipline or equivalent in engineering, and a minimum of 0 to 2 years related experience (may include post-doctoral experience) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment. Results-oriented.
- Ability to design basic experiments to include appropriate controls and study metrics.
- Familiarity with basic research methods for drug development and specific knowledge associated with education level (basic pharmacology design and tumor models for oncology research scientist).
- Critical observation skills and strong statistical analysis capability.
- Effective oral and scientific/technical writing skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at http://www.zymeworks.com/.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More searches like this
- Clinical Research Oncology Senior Medical Scientist and / or Liaison jobs in British Columbia
- Clinical Trials Research Senior Medical Scientist and / or Liaison jobs in British Columbia
- Laboratory-Based Research Senior Medical Scientist and / or Liaison jobs in British Columbia
- Medical Oncology Senior Medical Scientist and / or Liaison jobs in British Columbia
- Pharmaceutical Senior Medical Scientist and / or Liaison jobs in British Columbia