ENDOWED CHAIR IN RARE AND SOLID TUMORS
Due to the generosity of the Isabella Santos Foundation, Atrium Health – Levine Children’s Hospital (LCH) in Charlotte, NC, is seeking an Endowed Chair in Rare and Solid Tumors to join the Cancer and Blood Disorders program and expand our current Solid Tumor Program. The position will be clinically based with dedicated time for research and education.
- The current Cancer and Blood Disorders team at LCH consists of 11 physicians (8 Hem-Onc, 3 BMT), 9 Nurse Practitioners, 3 Physician Assistants, and growing Psychology and Neuro-Psychology support.
- LCH receives over 140 new oncology patients per year and ranked # 31 in Cancer Care in US News and World Report.
- The division works closely with Levine Cancer Institute, part of Atrium Health, and has partnered with the Children’s Oncology Group (COG) for more than 25 years.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Board certified in Pediatric Hematology—Oncology
- At least 8 years’ of experience outside of fellowship.
- Leadership experience is also preferred but not required.
- Ability to manage the endowment funds for programmatic growth in clinical research in conjunction with performing investigator -initiated clinical trials with a talented pediatric research group.
At 236 beds, Levine Children’s Hospital (LCH) is the largest children’s hospital between Atlanta and Washington DC. It serves high patient acuity as the flagship children’s hospital within the innovative Atrium Health and offers a full complement of over 150 pediatric subspecialists in over 30 different pediatric specialties. Our educational mission includes a well-regarded Pediatric Residency Program and participating in the teaching of the University of North Carolina School of Medicine third and fourth year medical students. LCH offers an excellent environment for clinical research and quality improvement work. LCH has repeatedly been ranked among the Best Children’s Hospitals in the nation by U. S. News & World Report, most recently in six pediatric specialties for 2018-2019.