Westchester Medical Center (WMC) and WMCHealth Cancer Institute, members of the WMCHealth Network, is seeking a board certified Hematologist/Oncologist. Demonstrated interest and expertise in benign and malignant hematology and stem cell transplantation are required. The successful candidate will have a record of accomplishment in clinical/translational research and resident/medical student education. Individuals with 3 to 5 years’ experience in clinical practice in an academic setting are preferred.
This position will play a key role in the development and enhancement of a regional Hematology/Oncology Program, which includes Westchester Medical Center (WMC), the main academic affiliate teaching hospital of New York Medical College in Valhalla, NY and MidHudson Regional Hospital of WMC, a community hospital that includes the Redl Center for Cancer Care in Poughkeepsie, NY. WMC is accredited by the Commission on Cancer as an Academic Comprehensive Cancer Program, and recently achieved the Commission’s Outstanding Achievement Award.
Features of the position include:
• Academic appointment to New York Medical College faculty at a level commensurate with qualifications and experience
• Opportunity for clinical and/or translational research
• Protected time for administrative and academic duties, including teaching and supervision of Hematology/Oncology Fellows, Internal Medicine Residents, and medical students
• Competitive compensation package, including comprehensive benefits and moving expense reimbursement
• Desirable Westchester/ Dutchess county location within the Hudson Valley region north of New York City, known for its outstanding public and private schools, exceptional recreational activities and easy access to New York City
The Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth) is a 1,900‐bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with ten hospitals on seven campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level 1, Level 2, and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region’s only acute care children’s hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, homecare services, and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is the pre‐ eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley.
For additional information, contact Loretta Modesto, Senior Physician Recruiter at (914) 570‐8744 or by email at Loretta.Modesto@WMCHealth.org
Westchester Medical Center Advanced Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.