Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Hematology Oncology Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Job in Ahoskie, NC
Vidant Medical Group and Vidant Roanoke Chowan Hospital are seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with an oncology focus to join the regional Vidant Cancer Care Hematology Oncology team. Hematology Oncology experience is preferred.
Job Highlights include:
• Opportunity available due to expansion
• Employment by Vidant Medical Group
• Mon-Fri, no nights and weekends, no call
• Regional provider will spend 75% of time at Vidant Roanoke Chowan and travel 25% of the time to other regional sites in eastern NC as needed.
• Outpatient clinical responsibilities focused on the following – Assessing and treating follow-up Hematology and Oncology patients; Completing Survivorship Care Plans; Providing symptom management services to patients diagnosed with Hematology and Oncology disorders; Supervise chemotherapy under direction of managing physician
• Vidant Roanoke Chowan Cancer Center include a newly renovated infusion suite with 6 chairs looking out to a healing garden, a team of experience nurses and navigators, radiation oncology services with a linear accelerator.
• Role includes orientation and training in Greenville at The Leo Jenkins Cancer Center with the Vidant Cancer Care Team in Greenville, NC
• Affiliation with established Cancer Center (Leo Jenkins Cancer Center) and other regional oncologists. Access to medical school based faculty and specialists including radiation oncologists, surgical oncologist, neuro specialists, etc.
• Excellent benefit and relocation package
• Built in referral network
• Flexibility of living on the Chowan River, Albemarle sound or Tidewater, VA areas
Vidant Roanoke-Chowan Hospital is a 114-bed, not-for-profit hospital, located in Ahoskie NC. This area features beautiful rural scenery and a climate conducive to year-round, outdoor activities. The 15-bed ER serves approximately 21,000 patients per year from the local community and surrounding towns. This modern facility provides a wide range of health services to its 39,000 residents in the four-county area.
Ahoskie/Hertford County, NC
• Located in North Carolina’s Inner Banks region; Ahoskie is located 24 miles south of the Virginia line, 40 miles northwest of historic Edenton, NC and 65 miles southeast of Lake Gaston in Littleton, NC
• Two hours from the Outer Banks, one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country
• Offers a desirable climate with mild winters and all four seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
• Outstanding golf courses, water sports, hunting, camping, fishing, community and state parks for outdoor activities
• Vidant Wellness Center – Ahoskie is a 21,000-foot facility which includes a lap pool, an exercise studio and the latest in cardiovascular and strength training equipment
• Recreation Center which includes little league baseball, lighted athletic fields and picnic area
• Attractive lots and homes on the beautiful Chowan River and in the country
• General aviation airport nearby and 1 hour from Norfolk International Airport in Virginia, and 1 hour from commercial airport in Greenville, NC
• East Carolina University Dental School has a site in Ahoskie; 1 hour from the main ECU campus which offers Division 1 athletics and diverse performing arts offerings. Chowan University just 15 minutes from Ahoskie
Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health, employs over 425 providers including primary care and specialists. The group offers the infrastructure needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
Vacation, Sick, & Holidays
Malpractice (with tail)
Medical, Dental, & Vision
Apply for Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly