Beckman Research Inst – Duarte (Duarte, CA)
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities
A Postdoctoral Fellowship opportunity is immediately available at City of Hope Beckman Research Institute to develop and characterize pre-clinical cancer stem cell (CSC) models. These models will aid in the discovery of promising CSC targets and evaluation of treatment strategies. The long-term goal of these pre-clinical studies will be to provide supporting data for the potential clinical translation of novel, effective therapeutic approaches.
Please include CV with publication record and (if applicable) previous/current grant funding.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Ph.D. in oncology OR biochemistry, immunology, microbiology, virology with experience in cancer.
- Experience in flow cytometry is REQUIRED.
- Mouse handling with proficiency in different routes of injection.
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to troubleshoot.
- Strong command of the English language with the capacity to write and speak scientifically.
- Should be self-motivated, productive, and require little to no supervision once trained.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.