Senior Laboratory Operations Representative
Beckman Research Inst – Duarte (Duarte, CA)
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
To assist in the construction, outfitting, maintenance and operation of the CBG PD lab located in the Flower building and maintenance of the CBG QC/process development lab.
- Oversees and manages the daily operation of a research laboratory. With minimal supervisory oversight, accomplishes the following:
- Ensures federal and COH policies are implemented and observed
- Serves as point of contact with QA to ensure all materials and procedures are followed appropriately.
- Responsible for proactively maintaining equipment, troubleshooting problems and scheduling equipment repairs and certifications
- Manages inventory of disposables
- Manages laboratory records, including equipment logs and training records
- Assists with training new lab members and provides technical support
- Assists in creating, reviewing and revising Standard Operating Procedures
- Procures laboratory supplies and equipment
- Negotiates vendor contacts and special pricing
- Submits requisitions and resolve invoice discrepancies
- Acts as liaison between group leader and COH officers
- Arranges and coordinate equipment and facility moves
- Ensure federal and COH policies are implemented and observed
- Point of contact with QA to ensure all materials and procedures are followed appropriately.
- Maintain equipment and schedule equipment repairs and certifications
- Procure laboratory supplies and equipment
- Manage inventory of disposables
- Manage laboratory records
- Assist with training new lab members and provide technical support
- Assist in creating, reviewing and revising Standard Operating Procedures as directed by supervisor
- Negotiate vendor contacts and special pricing
- Submit requisitions and resolve invoice discrepancies
- Internal Contacts: With supervisor and project team members within the CBG Process Development group.Interacts with QA in the areas of assigned responsibility to engage in activities that do not require decision making (i.e. request for issuance of batch record or Biological material, etc.).Reports equipment failure or alarms to facility officer, or QA team.Interact with Facilities as necessary for equipment installation and removal.
- Arrange and coordinate equipment and facility move
- Act as liaison between group leader and COH officers
- Wear a CBG issued pager, or other communication devices, and respond to all emergency calls for critical equipment failure at all time promptly.
- Attend and complete all mandatory trainings required by City of Hope and Center for Genetics and Biomedicine.
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- BS degree in biological science or related field plus 5+ years related experience in laboratory management
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- Foster and promote a positive image and professional appearance; organized and efficient; demonstrate proficiency in basic laboratory skills; excellent writing and computer skills; ability to correctly use technical terms and abbreviations. Good written and oral communication skills, team player, self-motivated excellent personal hygiene; practice good judgment in all professional activities; ability to develop and update policies and procedures; ability to set and model professional work standards.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.