CLINICAL DATA SCIENTIST
CLINICAL DATA SCIENTIST
Clinical Development and Medical Affairs
GRAIL, Inc., is a discovery-stage life sciences company that is developing differentiated platforms for the early detection of cancer. GRAIL’s research programs combine approaches to ultra-deep sequencing of circulating, cell-free nucleic acids with innovative clinical programs of the scale and quality required to generate strong scientific and clinical evidence of their utility. GRAIL’s software and computational biology efforts are commensurate to the size and complexity of the resulting data sets. We are seeking passionate and talented individuals to join us in realizing our mission, which has the potential to dramatically reduce the global burden of cancer.
The Clinical Data Scientist is responsible for curating and reporting complex high-dimensional clinical data and developing exploratory visualization tools and reports to empower clinical colleagues to execute on clinical trial objectives.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent Clinical Development on project teams with goals of building and maintaining the data and programming repository.
- Structure data for use in analytics applications.
- Develop and manage interactive data visualization and analytic tools for reporting, exploratory analysis and data QC to support clinical biostatistics, data management, and operations.
- Collaborate with software engineers and key stakeholders in Clinical and R&D on the development of applications and the integration of systems. Play a key role in the user requirements and implementation of the systems and authoring of procedures related to system use.
- Identify new technologies/concepts/methodologies which will help address complex, non-routine and evolving needs of clinical study teams
- Maintain data integrity and quality throughout the data lifecycle, ensuring appropriate blinding and study subject identity protection.
- Participate in data quality review activities and efforts to resolve data quality issues.
- Responsible for developing and enforcing data and metadata standards.
- MS in quantitative scientific field (statistics, computer science, mathematics, computational biology, etc..) with 6+ years of experience required.
- Strong track record of cross-functional collaboration while ensuring data quality and commitment to analysis reproducibility.
- Experience with clinical trials operations and clinical data management, including familiarity with clinical study design and CDISC data models.
- Experience in clinical data analysis and statistical programming with a strong understanding of a variety of analysis techniques.
- Proficiency with real-time data visualization and analytics tools.
- Strong R programming skills
- Experience programming in alternate language like Python, Java or C++.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with software development concepts and containerization technologies such as Docker.
- Proficiency in Linux environment (including shell scripting), experience with database languages (e.g., SQL, No-SQL experience a plus) and experience with version control practices and tools (Git, Perforce, etc.)
- Experience with next generation sequencing data analysis plus.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements (e.g. ICH, GCP, HIPAA).
- Excellent interpersonal communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Excellent team player with demonstrated track record of success in a cross-functional team environment. Consistent commitment to delivering on team goals with a sense of shared urgency.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.