MEDICAL AFFAIRS DIRECTOR
MEDICAL AFFAIRS DIRECTOR
Clinical Development and Medical Affairs
GRAIL, Inc. is developing paradigm-changing clinical assays for early cancer detection, based on unique biological insights from high-intensity sequencing analysis of circulating cell-free nucleic acids. GRAIL is seeking passionate and talented individuals to join us in realizing this mission, which has the potential to dramatically reduce the global burden of cancer.
The Medical Affairs Director will be responsible for providing leadership and support in the successful execution and enrollment of large cohort studies foundational to building GRAIL’s knowledge base with focus on clinical study site engagement activities. She or he will provide clinical leadership by developing communication strategies and tools to build and foster external relationships that lead to high productivity in a rapid-paced environment. The role is expected to involve frequent travel and innovative solutions. This position reports to the Director, Clinical Product Development.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide clinical leadership and direction for GRAIL technology development programs, prioritizing study conduct, relationship-building with study sites and collaborators, and providing medical content and review for external facing communications
- Engage with GRAIL scientific advisory board, study steering committee, and other thought leaders to innovate and refine clinical development strategies.
- Ensure rigorous and compliant study conduct, alongside clinical operations and clinical data management teams to produce high quality clinically annotated biospecimen collections
- Assist with protocol and other study document development and management as requested; providing medical expertise and insight to clinical data curation
- Contribute to the overall strategic direction of GRAIL CDMA as a member of the medical team.
- Medical degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in clinical research
- Experience in externally facing role - lead interactions with clinical study site principal investigators, clinical site research personnel, contract research entities (CROs, contractors), expert advisors, and professionals across wide-ranging disciplines
- Experience in clinical research and successful clinical trials conduct in genomics, diagnostics, oncology, or other applied medical fields
- Combine deep medical expertise with current literature review to serve as internal knowledge resource for materials development
- Strong team player with demonstrated track record of success in cross-functional team environment and leadership roles
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.