Clinical Development and Medical Affairs
GRAIL, Inc., is a discovery-stage life sciences company that is developing differentiated platforms for the early detection of cancer. GRAIL’s research programs combine approaches to ultradeep sequencing of circulating, cell-free nucleic acids with innovative clinical programs of the scale and quality required to generate strong scientific and clinical evidence of their utility. GRAIL’s software and computational biology efforts are commensurate to the size and complexity of the resulting data sets. We are seeking passionate and talented individuals to join us in realizing our mission, which has the potential to dramatically reduce the global burden of cancer.
The Medical Director will be responsible for providing clinical leadership in the definition of clinical development strategies, as well as the design, execution, and analysis of clinical studies conducted with GRAIL’s academic, community, and industry partners. This position reports to the Head of Clinical Development and Medical Affairs.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership and direction for GRAIL product development programs, prioritizing product opportunities and developing plans to generate evidence for clinical validation and clinical utility.
- Engage with GRAIL scientific advisory board, key academic, community, and industry partners, and other thought leaders to innovate and refine clinical development strategies.
- Contribute to the overall strategic direction of the GRAIL Clinical organization.
- Lead the design, review, execution, and analysis of GRAIL clinical studies in support of product development plans and GRAIL partnerships, ensuring rigorous and compliant study conduct
- Provide oversight to clinical data collection and quality assessment, as well as development of analysis plans.
- Medical degree and at least 10 years experience in clinical research
- Deep working knowledge of clinical product development in therapeutics and/or diagnostics
- Strong team player with demonstrated track record of success in cross-functional team environment and leadership roles.
- Clinical research and product development experience in oncology and diagnostics in industry
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.