NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER
NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER
Computer Science and Software Engineering
GRAIL is developing paradigm-changing clinical assays for early cancer detection, based on unique biological insights from high-intensity sequencing analysis of circulating cell-free nucleic acids. We are seeking passionate and talented individuals to join us in realizing our mission, which has the potential to dramatically reduce the global burden of cancer.
Building and operating secure systems is essential for Grail to succeed. Our systems are primarily cloud based and we have ambitious plans for using the latest security concepts and systems in the design and implementation of those systems. As a security ‘expert’ on our team you will participate all aspects of securing our systems and services as well as being an integral member of the software development team and involved in designing and implementing any and all of our systems
Quality and operational excellence are our joint responsibility and to that end each and every one of us takes ownership of the quality our products from design, through implementation, testing and production; we review code before check-in, have thorough unit and integration tests, continuous integration and reproducible production deployments that we take jointly operate.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate current and future network environments including internal infrastructure and connected devices to determine security risk, propose and implement solutions.
- Define and adapt security standards, processes and guidelines.
- Develop technical solutions to minimize security vulnerabilities.
- Collaborate with all levels (CxO, Engineering teams, clinical teams, R&D) to develop best practices.
- 5+ years of experience managing information security in a highly scalable and secure environment.
- Complete understanding of current and emerging security threats.
- Significant AWS, Azure and Google cloud experience
- Solid understanding of networking protocols such as TCP/UDP, SSL/TLS, IPSec etc.
- Deep knowledge of IDS/IPS systems and Firewalls.
- Deep understanding of security principles including encryption, authentication, etc
- Coding experience, ability to do a code review.
- Be curious and driven to learn new technology and science.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction. Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.