PLATFORM PRODUCT MANAGER
PLATFORM PRODUCT MANAGER
GRAIL, Inc. is developing paradigm-changing clinical assays for early cancer detection, based on unique biological insights from high-intensity sequencing analysis of circulating cell-free nucleic acids. We are seeking passionate and talented individuals to join us in realizing our mission, which has the potential to dramatically reduce the global burden of cancer.
You are a strong team player and like transferring and sharing knowledge across teams. You are a Product Manager who has significant experience in developing a product vision and working closely with cross-functional team members to ensure product meets user and business needs.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own the technical platform lifecycle, which includes defining the technical product roadmap, working closely with the cross-functional team on feature specifications, collecting/resolving requirements from all relevant stakeholders, and making decisions about implementation and resource trade-offs.
- Craft our technical platform product story: Build a strong product narrative that clearly articulates the motivation for the project, goals, and criteria for success. Technical platform will include assay and software development for clinical use.
- Understand all technical and non-technical roadblocks and work with stakeholders to resolve them. Stakeholders include Clinicians, Research Scientists, Product Marketers, Software Engineers, and Program Managers.
- Represent the project to management: Responsible for the strategic presentations to leadership team. Writing PRDs, strategy docs, and delivering presentations.
- Occasional travel to support clinical team.
- BA/BS, Master’s or PhD preferred, in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Bioinformatics or related field and equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in platform product or program management. Software and Genomics experience preferred.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Motivated by making the world a better place through technology, and wanting to be part of a team that makes this happen.
- Experience working in a start-up environment, leading complex strategic and operational initiatives, working through technical, operational, legal/policy and business issues.
- Thrives in ambiguities and ability to resolve them. Able to influence without authority. Able to negotiate scope, product features, specifications, across, and down in the organization
- Able to prioritize, set goals and effectively deliver results with a high emphasis on quality, technical rigor, and attention to detail.
- Able to utilize industry best practices in preparing deliverables (e.g. proposals, program plans, product requirements).
- Experience working in or familiarity with a clinical laboratory setting under design control. Proven track record developing IVD products or CLIA tests a plus.
- Detail oriented and relentless in making sure all aspects of product use, performance, manufacturing and QC are well understood.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.