GRAIL, Inc., is a discovery-stage life sciences company that is developing differentiated platforms for the early detection of cancer. GRAIL’s research programs combine approaches to ultra-deep sequencing of circulating, cell-free nucleic acids with innovative clinical programs of the scale and quality required to generate strong scientific and clinical evidence of their utility. GRAIL’s software and computational biology efforts are commensurate to the size and complexity of the resulting data sets. We are seeking passionate and talented individuals to join us in realizing our mission, which has the potential to dramatically reduce the global burden of cancer.
Oversee and help to prioritize projects in Product Programs to achieve maximum efficiency across the organization. Assist in the development of the team structure, process, and project management function within the organization.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use solid understanding of business and science to serve as a key Business Partner for Project Champions to help establish priorities for each key project and identify risks associated with various development strategies.
- Synthesize the strategy, options, risks and costs of each project, then create the broader picture for the team.
- Use expertise to ensure highly effective systems and processes for managing all development projects. Perform this function in a supportive (rather than directive) manner.
- Drive all aspects of the product and project management process, to ensure smooth and effective functioning of the project teams across the organization.
- Work fluidly on multiple projects at the same time.
- Effectively direct resources across projects to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Use expertise and industry experience (Rx/Dx) to establish and drive the development of detailed project plans.
- Develop, track and manage and report on all projects related to the portfolio of products.
- Look for opportunities and timelines to ensure consistency and harmony from project to project.
- Maintain a global view of all projects and company priorities.
- Drive timely development and execution of project related deadlines and milestones.
- Ensure seamless integration of all the necessary activities required to ensure the successful outcome of the product development activities.
- Identify any and all critical issues which may delay product or project and drive solutions.
- Facilitate and manage team meetings. Create the agenda, keep the conversation on track, and write and distribute the minutes and actions.
- B.S required, advanced degree strongly preferred in a relevant area strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management in drug discovery and development, diagnostics or life sciences product development.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Ability to multi-task as needed in a start-up environment.
- Effective process and project management skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Independent, innovative, and creative thinker.
- Expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts.
- Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint or equivalent required.
- Working knowledge of program/project management software preferred.
- Experience using R, Python, Java, etc for automated development of dashboards a plus.
- PMP certification a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.