SCIENTIST I Research
SCIENTIST I Research
GRAIL, Inc., is a discovery-stage life sciences company that is developing differentiated platforms for the early detection of cancer. GRAIL’s research programs combine approaches to ultra-deep sequencing of circulating, cell-free nucleic acids with innovative clinical programs of the scale and quality required to generate strong scientific and clinical evidence of their utility. GRAIL’s software and computational biology efforts are commensurate to the size and complexity of the resulting data sets. We are seeking passionate and talented individuals to join us in realizing our mission, which has the potential to dramatically reduce the global burden of cancer.
As a Scientist in GRAIL’s R&D Group, you will play an integral role in the development of technology and workflows for genomics-based clinical assays.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop novel NGS DNA and RNA assays
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to design and implement methods from first principles.
- Develop analytical methods to quantify the efficiency and bias of key steps NGS workflows
- Intelligent experiment design to answer biological questions quantitatively using next generation sequencing and other high-throughput molecular biology technologies
- Communicate progress and results with colleagues and supervisor via oral update, written report, and presentations
- Collaborate closely with GRAIL’s teams, including clinical, software, computational, operations, and statistics.
- Promulgate a culture of scientific curiosity and rigor.
- PhD degree in molecular biology, genetics, cancer biology, or related field.
- Strong scientific track record of accomplishments demonstrated by patent and/or publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Hands-on experience with biochemistry, molecular biology techniques, and next generation sequencing.
- In depth knowledge and hands on experience with whole genome sequencing, exome sequencing, RNA-Seq, and epigenomics.
- Strong understanding of clinical applications of next generation sequencing technology.
- Experience with analysis and interpretation of NGS datasets.
- Industrial experience is desirable.
- Excellent verbal, writing, and presentation skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.