Hematologist/Oncologist and Part time Medical Director
With six major mountain ranges surrounding the community, three blue ribbon rivers, five golf courses, three world class skiing resorts, 284 mountain trails, Montana State University, and the gateway town to Yellowstone National Park, it’s no wonder Bozeman appeared as No. 2 on the top 10 list for bizjournals.com’s list of American “dream towns.” Bozeman High has been ranked on Newsweek’s top-schools list five times since 2003. Seventy-four percent of the community's 41,000 residents have some post-secondary education. University graduates, along with industry-experienced newcomers seeking a higher quality of life, provide a brain pool for the area's mix of expanding businesses.
Because of its access to some of the best ski mountains in the United States, SKI Magazine has ranked Bozeman as the #4 ski town in the country. Powder Magazine ranked Bozeman in the “top 32 ski towns in North America” and National Geographic, placed Bozeman in the “World's 25 Best Ski Towns.” In addition, Outside Magazine has ranked Bozeman as the 5th best college town in the United States, and ranks the city 15th in the United States for access to outside sports. This active outdoor lifestyle is coupled with a strong work ethic that has enabled Bozeman to rank number one as a business climate among cities under 100,000 in the United States, by American City Business Journals.
With tons of great cultural events including museums, symphony, opera, and a vibrant live music scene as well as the great outdoors, it isn’t what to do in Bozeman, but what not to do because there are so many activities—snow or sunshine. And, if staying around is not enough, we have an international airport with direct flights to 10+ major US cities.
An experienced Hematologist/Oncologist and part time Medical Director is being recruited to join 4 other physicians in a growing cancer center with an established commitment to high quality, collaborative patient care, clinical trial research and outreach to underserved communities. Clinical research is offered via cooperative group (Montana NCORP), investigator-initiated (University of Washington Seattle Cancer Care Alliance) and pharmaceutical industry-sponsored trials. The cancer center is also a member of the NCCN Affiliate Research Consortium. Academic affiliation is possible via the University of Washington's Seattle Cancer Care Alliance and teaching opportunities are available via the Montana-WWAMI program. Duties will include both clinical and leadership activities. Prior experience in academic medicine is desired.
Additional features of the Cancer Center include:
- On-site infusion pharmacy, including 2 full-time oncology-certified pharmacists.
- On-site phlebotomy.
- EPIC electronic health record and the BEACON Oncology module.
- Support services include nutrition, financial counseling, social service, palliative care and hospice.
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech therapists include individuals with expertise in Oncology rehabilitation (STAR certification) as well as lymphedema, wound and –ostomy care. A cooperative interaction with the Cancer Support Community Montana provides for a variety of off-site support activities for patients and their families.
- Genetic counseling.
- A weekly multidisciplinary tumor board.
- A Breast Care Navigator, a Certified Physician Assistant, guides women through their care and treatment—from facilitating appointments to explaining treatment options and offering compassionate counseling and education in all areas of breast care.
- In Radiology, a Nurse Practitioner provides navigation for newly diagnosed cancer patients and assists in coordinating interventional radiologic procedures for established patients.
- The Care Boutique offers products for cancer patients, cancer survivors and their families, including skincare products, sleep wear and head coverings, and mastectomy products fitted by a certified Amoena mastectomy prosthesis fitter.
Work Hours & Call Coverage:
- Cancer Center hours are M-F 8am-5pm with the physicians working a 4 day work week. Call would be 1:4.
- Call includes telephone coverage for established cancer center patients and consultative service for referring physicians. Patients that require hospitalization are cared for by an established Hospitalist service with oversight from Oncology, as needed.
Office & Facility:
- The Cancer Center is located in the Bozeman Health Deaconess Hospital, a growing, regional hospital serving Southwest Montana.
- The infusion center is located within the Cancer Center and provides service for Cancer Center patients as well as other medical specialties. There are 18 chairs and two beds within the infusion center.
- The Cancer Center provides office space on-site for physicians, non-physician providers and support staff.
- Outreach clinics are currently conducted two days per month at remote sites in southwestern Montana.
Patient Demographics :
- Clinic patient visits number 15-25 patients per physician/NP/PA team, with 1-2 new patients per physician per day.
- Service area includes all of Gallatin County’s 100,000+ people and parts of Park, Madison, Sweet Grass, Broadwater and Meagher counties including patients from the following communities: Butte, Dillon, White Sulphur Springs, Wilsall, Whitehall, Ennis, and Livingston.
Bozeman Health Deaconess Hospital is an 86-bed facility, with 7 ORs, 8 ICU beds, 8 progressive care unit beds, and 25 ED beds. The ED sees approximately 27,500 visits per year.
The hospital has level III ACS Trauma Center designation and is DNV-GL accredited. There are approximately 200 physicians on the medical staff representing a broad spectrum of both medical and surgical specialties.
Compensation and benefits:
This is a hospital-employed salaried position, with additional compensation for PA/NP supervision, a quality incentive bonus and relocation expense assistance. The position also includes a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Relocation up to 10K and a sign-on bonus available.
- Health, dental, vision, retirement plan, life insurance, and paid malpractice.
- $3500 for CME and paid medical licensing/ABIM dues/DEA expenses.
Physician and Management Recruiter
or email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org