Business Development Scientist
Business Development Scientist
Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
- Gathers competitive intelligence from commercial and scientific sources and provides competitive analyses on specific therapeutic and platform areas.
- Conducts analysis in support of collaborative agreements and licensing opportunities.
- Maintains and updates internal business development database.
- Collaborates with the Business Development team to:
- identify and develop new business opportunities
- support internal Search & Evaluation efforts
- Liaises with internal R&D, Intellectual Property and Finance groups to:
- support the development of therapeutic programs
- participate in the commercial assessment of therapeutics and platforms
- support other corporate activities
Education and Experience
Ph.D. in biological sciences (Immunology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Structural Biology or similar) with a thorough understanding of cancer biology and protein biochemistry. A minimum of 2 years’ related experience in a business development or analyst role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task, manage multiple concurrent deliverables, and respond quickly to ad hoc requests. Results oriented.
- Strong data mining and filtering skills and the ability to interpret large amounts of scientific and market data and provide clear, relevant and timely analysis.
- Ability to work independently.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to confidently present findings to management.
- General understanding of the pharmaceutical drug development process.
- Scientific and/or project management experience within a commercial biotech setting is preferred.
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business Development Specialist” in the subject line.