Web Application Developer
Web Application Developer
Zymeworks is a fast growing, clinical-stage biotechnology company developing protein therapeutics for the treatment of cancer using computational technologies. We develop molecular simulation algorithms, data analysis and visualization pipelines, bioinformatics and machine learning applications, as well as high performance computing infrastructure for our scientific tools.
We are looking for a web application developer with expertise in data visualization, user interface design and browser based tools to join our software team. This is an ideal opportunity for an individual who enjoys working with diverse teams of scientists and software developers to contribute towards our research platform. There is great scope for learning and professional development within a collegial and inclusive team. This position will report to the Group Lead of the Software Development Team and will be based in Vancouver, Canada.
We expect you to have…
- Proven experience with interactive web application development
- A good grasp of web standards and browser technology
- A working knowledge of HTTP, REST and the nuances of API design
- Experience with our software stack or equivalent technologies
- Proficiency in English, spoken and written
It would be great if you had…
- Two years or more industry experience in web development
- Proven ability to assume ownership of a medium-to-large scale web application including design, implementation and maintenance
- A track record of mentorship and knowledge sharing
- Expertise or interest in backend web technologies such as Python or Go
- Create browser-based visualization, UI and data analysis tools tailored to our scientists' R&D needs.
- Collaborate with scientists and developers to condense complex requirements, design prototypes and deploy production grade software for internal users.
- Participate in peer code reviews, regression testing and systematic deployments.
- Experiment with new technologies and ideas to enhance the maintainability, simplicity and robustness of our platform.
- React, AngularJS, D3, and Elm
- Go and Elixir
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To discover more about Zymeworks Inc., please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Web Application Developer” in the subject line.