Manager, Financial Reporting
1 day left
- Full Time
Manager, Financial Reporting
Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
- Reporting to the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting, the Manager, Financial Reporting, is a U.S. GAAP technical specialist responsible for contributing to the timely and accurate preparation of quarterly, and annual financial statements and other U.S. and Canadian financial and regulatory reports in accordance with U.S. GAAP and applicable exchange regulations.
- Prepares accounting memos and technical working papers, assists the accounting team in matters of technical complexity, and acts as liaison with external auditors in conjunction with the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting.
- Proactively identifies improvements to current processes to support compliance with U.S. GAAP and U.S. and Canadian exchange regulations.
- Actively works to foster an environment of effective and collaborative working relationships amongst employees, management, and external partners.
Education and Experience
A university degree or diploma in Accounting, Business Administration or similar field and a minimum of 5 years’ related experience in a public-company environment with a strong public-accounting background and references. U.S. or Canadian CPA designation holder in good standing.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP with a focus on technical issues within the biotechnology or high-tech sectors, including equity instruments, foreign currency issues, revenue recognition, multiple-element arrangements and other topics.
- Ability to research areas of technical accounting complexity, including FASB and other technical resources, and apply the applicable guidance to rapidly changing fact patterns in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment. Results-oriented.
- Proficiency with MS Office including the ability to model and utilize advanced Excel functions.
- Prior experience and familiarity with NetSuite, Adaptive Insights or other ERP and reporting systems.
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Manager, Financial Reporting” in the subject line.
Apply for Manager, Financial Reporting
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly