Associate Scientist, Assay Development
Associate Scientist, Assay Development
Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
- Uses scientific methods and principles to design, implement and execute scientific research and development projects in collaboration with a larger research team, while frequently making individual contributions.
- Carries out complex experiments using advanced techniques. Reviews experimental process and data with supervisor and/or coworkers as appropriate.
- Actively seeks to understand ongoing projects through attention to scientific literature, industry publications and internally generated data and employs this understanding to improve contribution to project goals.
- Presents the progress of experiments to others.
- Prepares written reports and independent analysis of complex experiments.
- Records experimental data and writes study reports.
- Contributes to scientific literature and conferences Assists in maintaining a clean, organized and operational lab.
- Conducts all activities in accordance with scientific standards, OH&S regulations and established policies and practices.
- Ensures adherence to best practices and explores opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees and management.
Education and Experience
BSc in a relevant scientific discipline and a minimum of 2 to 4 years related experience (may include post-doctoral experience) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment. Results-oriented.
- Critical observation skills and good statistical analysis capability.
- Effective oral and scientific/technical writing communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Strong technical and scientific skills which may include:
o Flow cytometry
o Protein purification
o Transient transfections of mammalian cell lines
o Antibody drug conjugate assays
o Western, Northern, Southern blotting
o Homogeneous time resolved immunoassays
o Reporter Gene Assays
o Second messenger assays
o Quantitation and detection of phosphorylated moieties
o Invasion/migration assays
o T-cell dependent cell cytotoxicity assays
o Antibody dependent cell mediated cytotoxicity assays
o Complement dependent cytotoxicity assays
o Formal affinity measurements
o Angiogenesis assays
o Activation and proliferation of macrophages, T-Cells, B-Cells, NK-Cells
o Complex agonist, antagonist, inverse agonist and positive allosteric bioassays in single dose or dose response format (EC50 and IC50)
- Extensive understanding of standard and/or specialized laboratory equipment which may include:
o Multimode microplate readers
o Flow Cytometers
o High content imaging devices
o Biacore, KinExa, Octet
o FLIPR, Baracuda
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Associate Scientist, Assay Development” in the subject line.
Apply for Associate Scientist, Assay Development
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly