Scientist, Molecular Simulations
Scientist, Molecular Simulations
Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
- Assists in the development of innovative methods and algorithms for computational protein design.
- Writes software implementing, modeling and simulations algorithms.
- Identifies test methodologies, devises theories, conducts tests, reaches conclusions and recommends solutions to guide other research and development work.
- Assists in the preparation of patents and research publications.
- Prepares reports on assigned projects for internal and external use makes presentations to team and contributes to technical journals.
- Assists in purchasing hardware and software.
- Participates in the development of plans, schedules and costs of assigned projects/programs.
- Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees, management and external partners.
Education and Experience
Requires a PhD in a scientific discipline (Physics, Chemistry, Applied Math, Bioinformatics) or equivalent in engineering, and a minimum of 2 to 5 years’ related experience (may include post-doctoral experience) or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts.
Skills and Abilities
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment. Results-oriented.
- Experience developing and implementing molecular modeling algorithms or numerical simulation algorithms. Areas of interest include: molecular dynamics simulation, Monte Carlo simulation, Force field development, Free energy computation, Structure optimization, protein bioinformatics and statistical modeling and machine learning.
- Domain experience in protein modeling is desirable, but not required.
- Coding experience in high level language (e.g. C, C++, Java or FORTRAN).
- Coding experience in scripting language (e.g. Python, Perl or Ruby).
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Scientist, Molecular Simulations” in the subject line.
Apply for Scientist, Molecular Simulations
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly