Senior Scientist, Chemistry
Senior Scientist, Chemistry
Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
- Lead chemistry projects, from concept to practice, to generate new molecular entities and drug-linkers in conjunction with interdisciplinary project teams.
- Maintain a high level of laboratory productivity through delivery of synthetic targets by individual contribution and coordination of project team efforts within the chemistry group.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to Chemistry and project staff; coordinate schedules and assume/assign tasks to reach an overall objective.
- Work with project team leads and project manager to develop timelines and resource plans.
- Work closely with the Bioconjugation and Assay Groups to ensure that efforts to generate test articles are integrated and meet cross-functional timelines.
- Communicate experimental results to project teams in the form of reports and presentations and contribute to patent applications.
- Maintain a high knowledge level of the competitive landscape and identify opportunities within existing/emerging modalities and drug-linkers for ADCs.
Education and Experience
A Ph.D. with 5-8 years or an equivalent combination of education and experience in Chemistry with an emphasis on total synthesis, natural product synthesis or synthetic method development.
Skills and Abilities
- Established knowledge in the area of drug-conjugates; candidates will be familiar with, and practiced in the synthesis and SAR of payloads and drug-linkers for use in ADC.
- Demonstrated capacity to execute on multi-step synthetic campaigns to complex and/or difficult to purify and characterize molecular targets.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively as part of a team, yet also be an independent self-starter capable of excelling with minimal supervision.
- Ability and desire to work on inter-disciplinary projects that span the chemical, analytical, and biological sciences.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage knowledge of biology, functional assay development and pharmacokinetics to enable rational decision making in regards to molecule advancement.
- Good organizational and time management skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment.
- Effective oral and scientific/technical writing communication skills.
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Senior Scientist, Chemistry” in the subject line.
Apply for Senior Scientist, Chemistry
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly