Project Costing Analyst
Project Costing Analyst
Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
- Tracks, compiles and analyzes clinical and R&D program cost estimates, actuals and variances across multiple therapeutic candidates.
- Updates forecasts in conjunction with changes to project level activities.
- Participates in the project-planning process with clinical operations, project managers and scientific leadership to ensure forecasts capture costs associated with planned activities.
- Serves as a link between the corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team, Clinical Operations and Project Management to ensure accurate and timely reconciliation between project plans and updated forecasts.
- Assists project management and clinical operations with tracking and reporting period-end accruals from vendors, consultants and sites across multiple patient cohorts.
- Performs analytical analysis and modeling, as required.
Education and Experience
A minimum BSc in a relevant biological science combined with post- secondary accounting related experience or accounting designation. A minimum of 2 years’ related experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment. Results-oriented.
- Demonstrated experience building, updating, tracking and analyzing clinical costing models.
- Strong understanding of financial systems, standardized cost accounting, along with budgeting and forecasting fundamentals.
- Proficiency with MS Office especially Microsoft Excel, including modeling, formula building, scenario modeling and management of multi-sheet models.
- Experience and comfort with clinical trials management/reporting software, project management software, forecasting/budgeting software and ERP systems.
- Ability to problem solve and work with a high-degree of accuracy.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Costing Analyst” in the subject line.