Senior Scientist, Immunology
Senior Scientist, Immunology
Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
- Plans, schedules and executes assigned projects, analyses and solves problems and interprets and evaluates results.
- May plan, organize and control investigations, advanced experimental work and modeling studies.
- Provides technical guidance to project staff, coordinates schedules and assigns tasks to reach an overall objective within costs, quality and timelines.
- Provides input into best practices.
- Prepares and presents materials for scientific business, patent and external meetings.
- Prepares complex reports on technical subjects, prepares and reviews patents, drug dossiers and research reports. Authors study reports and contributes to pharmacology section of regulatory documents.
- Participates in industry activities, conferences and professional research meetings and contributes to technical journals.
- Actively works to foster an environment of effective and collaborative working relationships amongst employees, management and external partners.
Education and Experience
PhD in immunology or related discipline with a minimum of 5 to 8 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills and Abilities
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment. Results-oriented.
- Skillsets as appropriate for scientist level with improved understanding of requirements for IND enabling studies.
- Understanding of drug development and ability to propose novel targets/platforms for development.
- Critical observation skills and strong statistical analysis capability.
- Excellent oral, presentation and scientific/technical writing skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Scientist, Immunology” in the subject line.