Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
- Drafts, reviews, and facilitates execution of agreements in a timely manner with vendors, contractors and collaborators.
- Reviews, identifies and mitigates contractual and business risks in third party agreements and presents findings to management.
- Manages and administrates executed agreements to ensure internal and external compliance.
- Liaises with internal/external stakeholders (Business Development, Legal, R&D, Intellectual Property, Finance, etc.) to support contract negotiation and execution.
- Coordinates with cross-functional stakeholders and third-parties for the timely execution of completed agreements and amended addenda.
- Supports the Senior Contract Manager to provide timely information on contractual and commercial risks and issues.
- Keeps accurate, easily accessible and complete records of the Company’s contractual and business matters.
- Monitors contract expiration periods, engages with internal stakeholders to determine renewal priorities and changes in the business drivers, and coordinates renewals, amendments or extensions.
- Actively works to foster an environment of effective and collaborative working relationships amongst employees, management and external partners.
Education and Experience
Post-secondary degree in biological sciences, business, paralegal, or related discipline and a minimum of 5 years’ contracts administration or related experience with a broad range of agreements or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team and effectively solicit stakeholder input. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment. Results-oriented.
- Working knowledge of Canadian and U.S. commercial contract law and legal terms.
- General understanding of the pharmaceutical drug development process, preference may be given to candidates with pharmaceutical or biotechnology experience.
- Experience managing and using industry-standard contract management software.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to confidently present findings.
- Demonstrated exemplary business ethics, integrity and transparency.
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Contracts Administrator” in the subject line.