Associate Scientist, Conjugation Chemistry
Associate Scientist, Conjugation Chemistry
Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
- Uses scientific methods and principles to design, implement and execute scientific research and development projects in collaboration with a larger research team, while frequently making individual contributions.
- Carries out complex experiments using advanced techniques. Reviews experimental process and data with supervisor and/or coworkers as appropriate.
- Applies and optimizes protein conjugation protocols and characterizes products.
- Responsibilities may include protein purification, ELISA, ex vivo assays of protein/conjugate stability, and affinity immunocapture.
- Generates in vitro antibody/ADC characterization data in support of pre-clinical programs.
- Oversees tissue culture, cellular cytotoxicity assays, and other cell-based assays. Communicates and works closely with the Medicinal Chemistry and Assay Development groups to ensure the seamless flow of data, knowledge and materials.Presents the progress of experiments to others.
- Prepares written reports and independent analysis of complex experiments.
- Records experimental data and writes study reports.
- Acts as a resource in a recognized area of technical expertise within the department, and mentors more junior colleagues in the lab.
- Contributes to scientific literature and conferences.
- Actively seeks to understand ongoing projects through attention to scientific literature, industry publications and internally generated data and employs this understanding to improve contribution to project goals.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, organized and operational lab.
- Conducts all activities in accordance with scientific standards, OH&S regulations and established policies and practices.
- Ensures adherence to best practices and explores opportunities for continuous improvement.
Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees and management.
Education and Experience
MS in a relevant scientific discipline with a minimum 2 years’ related scientific experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment. Results-oriented.Prior experience with Antibody Drug Conjugates is highly desirable.
- Prior experience in protein modification, purification and analysis.
- Demonstrated success with in vitro assay development and execution (biochemical, receptor and/or cell based), compound screening.
- Familiarity with protein characterization using modern techniques which may include LC-MS, SEC, SDS-PAGE, CE-SDS, CEF-IEF, Octet, flow cytometry and ELISA.
- Knowledge of Flow Cytometry.
- Critical observation skills and good statistical analysis capability.
- Effective oral and scientific/technical writing communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Associate Scientist, Conjugation Chemistry” in the subject line.