Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
- Conceive, contribute to and execute on project plans for the generation of new molecular entities and new drug-linkers
- Maintains a high level of laboratory productivity through delivery of synthetic targets by individual contributions, as well as coordination of synthetic efforts with other chemistry team members and supervision of junior level chemists.
- Work closely with the Bioconjugation and Assay Groups to ensure that efforts to generate test articles are integrated and meet cross-functional timelines.
- Communicates experimental results to project teams in the form of reports and presentations and contribute to patent applications.
- Maintains a high knowledge level of the competitive landscape and existing/emerging drug-linkers for ADCs.
Education and Experience
A Ph.D. with 2-5 years or an equivalent combination of education and experience in Chemistry with an emphasis on total synthesis, natural product synthesis or synthetic method development.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated capacity to execute on multi-step synthetic campaigns to complex and/or difficult to purify and characterize molecular targets.
- Preferred candidates with be familiar with, and practiced in the synthesis of payloads and drug-linkers for use in ADC.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively as part of a team, yet also be an independent self-starter capable of excelling with minimal supervision.
- Ability and desire to work on inter-disciplinary projects that span the chemical, analytical, and biological sciences.
- Working knowledge of biology, biochemistry, and functional assay development.
- Good organizational and time management skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing.
- Effective oral and scientific/technical writing communication skills.
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Scientist, Chemistry” in the subject line.
Apply for Scientist, Chemistry
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly