EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FOR MEDICAL ONCOLOGIST WITH SUBSPECIALTY INTEREST IN LUNG CANCER
EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY IN ASHEVILLE NORTH CAROLINA FOR A BOARD CERTIFIED/ELIGIBLE MEDICAL ONCOLOGIST WITH A SUBSPECIALITY INTEREST IN LUNG CANCER
Cancer Care of Western North Carolina (CCWNC), an affiliate of Mission Health, is seeking a full time Board Certified/Eligible Medical Oncologist who has a special interest in caring for patients with lung malignancies to join its busy practice. Located in beautiful Asheville, NC, CCWNC is a medical hematology and oncology practice with 12 Physicians and 14 Advanced Practitioners. With 26 years of longevity in the medical community of western North Carolina, CCWNC works closely with local hospitals and medical practices to provide state-of-the-art Hematology/Oncology care to its patients. As part of the Mission Cancer Program, CCWNC is actively growing their subspecialty program and multi-disciplinary clinics. The practice seeks a motivated medical oncologist with a special interest in lung cancer to help lead the continued growth and development of their lung multi-disciplinary program in the WNC region.
Job Highlights are as follows:
- Full time position with competitive salary and benefits package.
- Outpatient clinical responsibilities with hospital rounds every 9 weeks.
- Normal office hours are Monday-Friday 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m.
- After hours and weekend call is equally rotated
- Comprehensive Cancer Center including:
- Radiation and surgical oncologists
- Support services in survivorship, physical therapy, integrated health, nutrition and psycho-social support.
- In house Cyber-Knife and CT screening technology.
- In house Radiology and Pathology.
- Multidisciplinary Lung Clinic, including lung cancer screening program
- Active genetics program with integration of genomic consultations
- Dedicated lung nurse navigators
- Strong collaborative relationships with the pulmonary and CV surgeon service
- Access to palliative care team support
- Opportunity to continue the growth and expansion of the lung cancer program
- Excellent Referral Network that includes 18 counties and over 1 million people.
- Hospital Privileges at Mission Hospital, a Level II Trauma Center with 750 beds
About Cancer Care of North Carolina:
Cancer Care of North Carolina works closely with facilities in the region to provide state of the art Hematology/Oncology care. CCWNC was one of the first QOPI (Quality Oncology Practice Initiative) certified practices in North Carolina and in 2012 was able to achieve certification for all six practice sites through the ASCO based program. In 2014, CCWNC was recognized by PRC (Professional Research Consultants) as a top performer in the nation for patient satisfaction.
About Mission Health:
Mission Health, based in Asheville, North Carolina, is the state’s sixth-largest health system and the region’s only not-for-profit, independent community hospital system governed and managed exclusively in western North Carolina. Mission Health has been recognized as one of the nation’s Top 15 Health Systems 2012-2014 by Truven Health Analytics, formerly Thomson Reuters. Mission Health is the only medium-sized health system to receive this recognition three years in a row, and the only health system in North Carolina to achieve that distinction. Mission Health, which traces its roots in the region back to 1885, operates six hospitals, numerous outpatient and surgery centers, post-acute care provider CarePartners, and the region’s only dedicated Level II trauma center. Its medical staff consists of more than 1,000 physicians and is certified in more than 50 medical specialties and sub-specialties. Mission Health has seven Centers of Excellence: Cancer, Heart, Mission Children’s Hospital, Neurosciences, Orthopedics, Trauma and Women’s Health. Mission Hospital, located in Asheville, is the system’s flagship hospital and is licensed for 795 beds. It is the regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care. It also includes Mission Children’s Hospital – the region’s only children’s hospital. With approximately 10,600 employees and 2,000 volunteers, Mission Health is dedicated to improving the health and wellness of the people of western North Carolina.