Medical Oncologists or Hematologists
OUR VISION IS EXCEPTIONAL CARE, STRONG PARTNERSHIPS, HEALTHY COMMUNITY
Join a team who cares about excellence
FULL TIME & LOCUMS
DEPARTMENT OF MEDICINE
Bermuda Hospitals Board is looking to recruit Medical Oncologists or Hematologists to expand and develop a growing Oncology Service. This is an exciting time for the Oncology Department with an increasing number of patients staying in Bermuda for their care and the new introduction of a radiation service alongside the current Oncology Department. The successful applicants will be joining a small, friendly and progressive team based in Bermuda’s only general hospital. The Oncology Department is based in the new build of the hospital which boasts state of the art facilities. With Bermuda’s 64,000 population the successful applicants will be involved in all aspects of care for the patients, this will include both inpatient and outpatient responsibilities as well as liaising with overseas physicians to determine local arrangements and continuing care for clients returning from overseas care.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Providing consultations for all new clients (viz. all newly diagnosed malignancies-solid tumours and/or haematology malignancies), which may be on an in-patient or out-patient basis
- Prescribing and monitoring courses of chemotherapy, injectable or oral medications
- Evaluating and providing the appropriate management on all lab reports on clients being actively treated, within 24 hours of specimen processing
- Monitoring clients at Agape House (centre for palliative care located within hospital compound) who are receiving chemotherapy as part of their palliative care
- Liaising with overseas physicians to determine local arrangements and continuing care for clients returning from overseas
Qualifications &/ Registration required:
- Board Certified Oncologist or Board Certified Hematologists Oncologist
- Current Specialist qualification as an Oncologist
- A preference of 3 years post certification experience of which two should be within the hospital setting
We have a competitive base salary and compensation towards relocation. Full time positions have a comprehensive health plan, 30 days paid vacation leave per annum and 5 days paid study leave per annum and Malpractice coverage.
Bermuda offers a wide variety of year round outdoor activities including several golf courses, tennis clubs and yacht clubs other water sports including deep sea fishing and diving on our beautiful reefs. The Island enjoys a multicultural society with a high standard of living including good healthcare and schooling. The economy is based on tourism and international business including financial services and reinsurance.
If you want to make a difference, and if your experience and qualifications match the above criteria, visit www.bermudahospitals.com, and apply through BHB Jobs NOW.
Select “Work at BHB” and follow the steps. Pre-employment substance abuse screening is mandatory for all successful candidates.
Craig Appin House
8 Wesley Street
Hamilton HM11, Bermuda
Tel: (441) 239-2955