Thoracic Surgical Oncologist
Thoracic Surgical Oncologist
Beautiful Hudson Valley Region, NY
Dynamic and financially successful 250 plus provider physician run health system medical practice group, within a market dominant 4 hospital system, seeks a Thoracic Surgical Oncologist to join Dr. Cliff Connery, a highly regarded and experienced Thoracic Surgical Oncologist and Medical Director of the Oncology Service Line. You will be a key member in this rapidly expanding and comprehensive Thoracic Oncology program serving all of the Hudson Valley area and beyond.
- The comprehensive cancer center team includes, Medical and Surgical Oncologists, Breast Surgeons, Radiation Oncologists, Advanced Practitioners, Oncology Certified nurses, Geneticists, and a collaborative group of Imagers offering state-of-the-art equipment and diagnostics. The Breast Center is NAPBC Certified
- Perform general and oncologic thoracic cases. The Medical Center offers a number of resources including two robots, navigation bronchoscopy, and hyperthermic perfused intrathoracic chemotherapy
- Presently, there are three hospitals (with a forth to be added soon) and over 300 physicians and surgeons employed by the health system. The Cancer Center receives a great number of patient referrals from the local medical community as well as referrals from the medical staffs located at their other hospitals.
- A new 7 floor all private room patient pavilion is under construction at the Vassar Campus and will be completed in 2019.
- An outstanding base salary plus potential income through a RVU production bonus compares very favorably to other positions throughout the Northeast and New England
- A very comprehensive benefits package is also included
- The City of Poughkeepsie, NY is ideally located half way between New York City and Albany
- It serves as the county seat for Dutchess County, NY and is known as “The Queen City of the Hudson”
- The ratification of New York took place in Poughkeepsie when the city served as the State Capital of New York in 1788. New York became the eleventh state to enter the new Union. Three of those members to debate and then ratify the United States Constitution included Alexander Hamilton, John Jay, and George Clinton
- The Culinary Institute of America is located in the historic nearby town of Hyde Park. A number of graduates stayed in the Poughkeepsie area and have opened up wonderful restaurants
- The area is known for a number of art and entertainment institutions including the Bardovan 1869 Opera House which is home to the Hudson Valley Philharmonic
- There are a number of communities around the area that offer beautiful affordable homes and excellent schools. The area is home to a many excellent colleges and universities
- Should you desire to visit New York City, it is less than two hours away by car or train while Boston is just a three and a half hour drive
If it is your goal to find a position that will provide you with a great deal of professional and personal satisfaction with excellent financial rewards, I highly recommend you contact me for more information.
Please reference Position ID 160980 when responding.