Hematology/Medical Oncology Opportunity- Duluth, MN
Join the Essentia Health Cancer Center team, the largest cancer care program in Northern Minnesota, Northwestern Wisconsin and Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. You’ll have access to cutting-edge treatments, the latest technology and current oncology clinical trials. We offer outstanding multi-disciplinary cancer care in close coordination with our cardiothoracic, gynecologic oncology, urologic and ENT surgeons, palliative care and hospice physicians, radiation oncologists, pathologists and interventional radiologists. We offer our patients multiple clinical trials through our NCI Community Oncology Research Program grant, industry sponsored trials and investigator initiated trials. We have members on the Alliance Brain, Urology and Membership Committees. The Essentia Health Cancer Center is accredited as a Comprehensive Community Cancer Program and the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers by the American College of Surgeons. We are committed to prevention, treatment, follow-up care, and research.
- As part of the Essentia Health Cancer Center team you will see patients in our main campus clinic overlooking Lake Superior, at an outreach cancer center and provide consultative services in the hospital.
- Hospitalists routinely admit and cover patients at night.
- Specialty & subspecialty services including Medical Hematology/Oncology, Pediatric Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Oncologic Surgery, Interventional Radiology, Palliative Care and Hospice.
- NCORP research
- A thriving intellectual environment, with multiple tumor board and other multidisciplinary conferences.
- Join Hem/Onc team of 10 providers (8 MD’s - 2 APC’s) using interdisciplinary approach -drawing on experts from other medical specialties to develop a treatment plan tailored for your patients’ individual needs
- Includes regional outreach
- Average 12 – 14 follow up visits and 1-2 new patients per day
- EPIC electronic medical record
- BC/BE Hematology/Oncology or Medical Oncology
- Located on beautiful Lake Superior
- Duluth population: 86,000; Regional service area: 460,000
Essentia Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran Status.