Scientific Director of Florida Hospital Cancer Institute
Florida Hospital Cancer Institute seeks to hire a Scientific Director who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Established in 1908, Florida Hospital is one of the largest not-for-profit healthcare systems in the country, caring for more than a million patients each year. The 2,675-bed acute-care medical facility, comprised of nine hospitals, has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best hospitals in the country for over 10 years. It serves as a community hospital for Greater Orlando and as a major tertiary referral hospital for Central Florida and much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and Latin America.
Florida Hospital Cancer Institute (FHCI) is the largest cancer center in Central Florida, recognized worldwide for its comprehensive, state-of-the-art care and reputation as a destination cancer care facility. The institute has been ranked among the top five in the nation for robotic gynecologic-oncology surgeries and is the world leader in robotic prostatectomies using the da Vinci® Surgical System. More than 8,000 cancer surgeries are performed annually at FHCI. The Florida Hospital Cancer Institute Is accredited as an Academic Comprehensive Cancer Program by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer and is recognized by the American Society of Clinical Oncology for its clinical research. We maintain research affiliations with the National Cancer Institute, Sarah Cannon Research Institute and many other health care institutions and organizations.
The Scientific Director is responsible for leading the research enterprise for the Florida Hospital Cancer Institute (FHCI). Provides bi-directional leadership in science and translational research and develop cross-functional investigational research capabilities, leading to a higher prevalence and success rate for excellence in Investigator-Initiated Trials (IITs). The Scientific Director will foster institutional awareness of IITs, identify programs and approaches to prepare more and better IITs, and enhance the success rate of winning IITs, across all sponsor types.
- Medical Doctorate (MD) OR
- Doctorate of Medicine and of Philosophy (MD/Ph.D.)
- Minimum of five (5) years of leadership experience
- Minimum of seven (7) years of research experience
- Active Board Certification in Hematology and Oncology
- Strong background in oncology research and translational research (preferred)
- Ability to lead and mentor teams and foster collaboration (preferred)
- Ability to bring external research funding resources, including federal and industry funding (preferred)
- Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.) (preferred)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding (preferred)
- Industry/pharma investigator initiated funding (preferred)
- Experience in leading a specialty research enterprise (preferred)
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Scientific Director opportunity with Florida Hospital and apply online today to job # 258876 at FloridaHospitalCareers.com.