Head of Quantitative Pharmacology & Disposition
<p>Seattle Genetics is passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of patients with cancer. Employees bring that enthusiasm to everything they do, striving to attain their individual goals while recognizing the power of working collaboratively to realize Seattle Genetics' vision of improving patient outcomes. View this career recruitment video to learn about Seattle Genetics' culture and hear directly from chemists, clinical researchers and sales professionals. As a company working at -- and advancing -- the cutting edge of antibody-based therapies, Seattle Genetics fosters an environment that recognizes the challenges of breaking new ground and creates opportunities for intellectual and professional growth. State-of-the art facility gives our team members the resources to succeed. Located in Bothell's Canyon Park area, Seattle Genetics is close to major highways, dining and shopping. If you are passionate about bringing the best of yourself to everything you do, Seattle Genetics offers challenges, opportunities and rewards for making your best even better. We want to hear from you!</p>
Head of Quantitative Pharmacology & Disposition
Seattle Genetics has recently created a Translational Sciences group that encompasses preclinical, non-clinical, and clinical disciplines into a single department. The vision of this group is to deliver the right drug to the right patient at the right dose and schedule by integrating data from within the department and in combination with the Research and Development departments. Quantitative Pharmacology and Disposition (QPD) is one of the departments within Translational Sciences, and is responsible for developing program strategy and interpreting relevant preclinical and clinical data encompassing 4 disciplines: non-clinical and clinical DMPK and ADME, clinical pharmacology, modeling and simulation and in-house bioanalysis group (GLP and non-GLP).
We are seeking a Head of QPD with exceptional leadership skills to provide vision and strategy to grow a world-class scientific organization. The successful candidate will oversee a team that: develops innovative bioanalytical assays and critical reagents; analyzes samples internally and at CROs; designs, implements, and interprets preclinical pharmacokinetics, clinical pharmacology, pharmacometrics, metabolism, and transporter studies; writes sections of regulatory submissions; and acts as a subject matter expert for interactions with regulators. You will be part of a vibrant and experienced leadership group in Translational Sciences driving the scientific understanding, development, and registration of novel therapeutics in a company dedicated to finding cures to cancer. You will role model and nurture scientific curiosity, critical thinking, and self-motivation to develop your team. As Seattle Genetics grows you will identify critical staffing needs and hire top talent to fulfill those needs. You will have an exceptional industry reputation and network, and significant relevant experience in developing novel therapeutics. A detailed working knowledge of international regulations is essential. You will have significant autonomy to propose and drive investigative and mechanistic understanding of preclinical and clinical data. Your communication skills at all levels of interaction must be excellent. This is a pivotal role in the department reporting to the VP Translational Sciences. Seattle Genetics is committed to growing its staff, and you will undertake challenging development opportunities to enhance your career.
- Provide excellent leadership to motivate and excite staff to perform to exceptional levels
- In association with staff, build a departmental vision for the QPD group. Develop and implement a strategy to achieve that vision
- Provide a senior level of subject matter expertise to act as a final decision maker on key scientific questions for your department. This will include evaluation of external opportunities
- Provide key guidance on regulatory strategies, and present data and interpretations in written and oral form to regulatory bodies to enable optimal clinical development and registration of novel drugs
- Represent Seattle Genetics in the external scientific environment – influencing partners and regulators in a positive way
- Actively participate in departmental leadership and Seattle Genetics governance bodies
- Develop a world-class department through developing existing staff and recruiting best external talent as necessary
- Build collaborative networks internal and external to the company to ensure rapid and successful development of novel drugs
- PhD in appropriate discipline
- Proven senior leadership ability and strong external presence
- Substantial understanding of oncology or related field (e.g., inflammation, immunology). Previous experience in oncology drug development with an emphasis on both large and small molecules is preferred
To apply for this position, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com/careers
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.