Clinical Mechanisms Lead
Clinical Mechanisms Lead
At Bristol-Myers Squibb it is clear that we are entering into a new era of precision medicine. This further reinforces the importance of finding innovative ways of expediting decision making and leveraging learnings across teams that ultimately help us deliver the right medicines to the right patients, at the right time. With this in mind, a new group has been created within Translational Medicine called Clinical Mechanisms. This group will be diverse in scientific expertise, background and technical interests and will develop and test, either pre-clinically or clinically, key mechanistic hypotheses for priority assets in a rapid time frame. This will inform critical development decisions and strategies as assets progress from Discovery into the clinic. This group will also be accountable for cross-asset and program level special projects on an ad hoc basis. We are seeking candidates who bring deep scientific experience, an inquisitive mindset, and a proven track record of quickly asking and answering focused translational medicine questions. Matrix management experience across the drug development spectrum is an asset. This role will report to the Head of Clinical Mechanisms, Translational Medicine.
• Hypothesis development: Accountable for integrating complex inputs from key Discovery and Translational functions (including Biomarkers, PDx, Integrated Sciences, Program & Sample Management, Technologies, and Bioinformatics) into testable hypotheses.
• Hypothesis testing: Accountable for testing those hypotheses using available pre-clinical, bioinformatic or early clinical methods including very early phase studies in conjunction with the Early Asset Development Teams (EADTs). • Partners with clinical, operations, biostatistics, discovery and early development team members to critically analyze and interrogate study outcomes and determine next steps in a rolling manner.
• Participates in strategic overview presentations along with Head Clinical Mechanisms, Translational Medicine, Translational Research, Translational Medicine Leads and Pharmacodiagnostics (PDx)/Biomarkers.
• Accountable to ensure well-crafted and focused hypothesis, experimental design, and execution and delivery of biomarker data.
• Ensures that Clinical Mechanisms team is focused on key issues and that individual asset strategies and plans are integrated with broader development strategy (across EADTs)
• According to scientific strengths, contributes to due diligence efforts relating to technologies, asset acquisition/licensing etc.
- MD or PhD, or equivalent advanced scientific degree and experience.
- Experienced clinician or scientist with 12+ years’ experience in the drug discovery and development process.
- Documented experience in oncology, immunology or similar drug development (small molecule and biologic / immuno-oncology) in one or more major disease areas
- Deep understanding of the role of translational research/medicine and clinical biomarkers in drug development. Clinical development or Discovery experience highly desired but not required.
- The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, inquisitive, and collaborative scientist with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and show the ability to prioritize.
- Demonstrated ability of working effectively to influence stakeholders in a highly dynamic matrix organization such as BMS.
- Comfortable working in an extremely fast-paced environment where speed is paramount and ambiguity the norm.
- Willing to work as a topic expert, outside of a traditional functional environment, in a team unified around serving the assets and programs.
- Ability to recognize, articulate, and accept calculated risks to make informed decisions
- Demonstrated experience in the appropriate application of various scientific technologies into translational research strategies
- Working knowledge of all functional areas of drug development, including, biology, toxicology, clinical development, diagnostic development, etc.
- Demonstrated scientific acumen and mechanistic understanding of disease biology.
- Proven leadership experience and success with leading teams. Act as an inclusive leader.
- Operates with independence, and possesses the confidence and fortitude to take principled positions.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment that includes interactions with multiple stakeholder groups; particularly demonstrated ability to work across the critical interfaces whether within RD or across the enterprise.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, high level negotiation skills and the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner.
Relocation may be provided. Role can be either in Lawrenceville NJ or Cambridge MA (when site is open).
More searches like this
- Clinical Research Oncology Medical Oncologist jobs in Lawrenceville
- Clinical Trials Research Medical Oncologist jobs in Lawrenceville
- Laboratory-Based Research Medical Oncologist jobs in Lawrenceville
- Medical Oncology Medical Oncologist jobs in Lawrenceville
- Translational Research Medical Oncologist jobs in Lawrenceville