HQ Medical Director Immuno-Oncology - Nekta
HQ Medical Director Immuno-Oncology - Nektar
The BMS Medical organization strives to be recognized throughout the world as the most accomplished and respected BioPharma Medical organization. In BMS Medical, you will have the ability to impact the lives of patients by developing and ensuring the safe and appropriate use of our medicines. Medical increasingly plays a valuable and unique role in unlocking the full potential of our scientific and medical innovation. HQ Medical bridges clinical development with clinical practice and gains broader knowledge of the healthcare industry.
This position plays a critical role developing the asset-level Medical Plans and ensures continuity with overarching Early Asset Medical Strategy across Immuno-Oncology portfolio. He/She also works closely with the Medical across regions/markets to ensure knowledge transfer and enable execution.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Lead Headquarter Medical Planning and execution for assigned asset.
- Provide medical insight into strategic plans, and provide strategic direction into the Scientific Communication Platform, NRDG/ ISR proposals and trials, Advisory Boards/Symposiums/Congress activities and ensure delivery of key knowledge to the internal stakeholders.
- Connect to the external environment to understand evolving treatment landscape, identify medical insights, and share internally with development team(s).
- Partner with Commercial colleagues to integrate Medical perspective into the commercialization process.
- Partner in the development of health outcomes and access strategy.
- Partner with Research and Development to provide input into development strategy and planning.
- Build, forecast and track/adjust the Medical budget and resources.
- Provide medical review of content to align with overall strategy.
- Provide Medical input/perspective at key internal and external forums.
- He or she will partner closely with medical colleagues in the Markets, with Clinical Research, Discovery, Regulatory, Commercial, Access, Health Outcomes and other key functions
- Advanced scientific degree (MD, PhD, PharmD). 5-10 years of clinical or industry experience in Oncology.
- Relevant industry experience in Medical Affairs or Clinical Development. Experience in a customer-facing role with thought leaders and key customers preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams including clinical, commercial, regulatory and health outcomes as well as and market-based medical colleagues.
- Broad experience in Oncology with specific expertise in early clinical development and translational research is preferred.
- Experience with investigator sponsored research, non-registrational studies, and early patient access programs preferred.
- Highly organized and motivated individual possessing excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong interpersonal skills and presentation skills.