Director, Business Development
Director, Business Development
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is using the power of high-intensity sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop and commercialize pioneering products for the early detection of cancer. The company is located in Menlo Park, California and Hong Kong. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The Director, Business Development will lead sourcing and execution of strategic transactions (including licensing deals, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions) to drive a growth strategy. Strong track record of successfully identifying, structuring, and executing a range of transactions is required in healthcare or software industries. The individual selected for this role must be able to quickly establish rapport, credibility, trust, and respect throughout the organization at all levels, and be viewed as a team player with exceptional communication, analytical, and leadership skills.
- Lead a cross functional team through all phases of a strategic transaction: evaluation, diligence, negotiation and integration.
- Guide the development of valuation models.
- Present objective business cases for management based on diligence findings and assessment of opportunities and risks.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional team members.
- Support other cross functional project initiatives as necessary.
Your Background Should Include:
- BS/BA from a top tier school required; Advanced degree preferred (Masters degree, JD MBA, MD or PhD in relevant field).
- 12+ years experience in Investment Banking, Management Consulting, Corporate/Business Development, Corporate Strategy, or Strategic Finance.
- Experience leading successful transactions from identification through integration.
- Experience building a team and developing junior team members.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate across multiple functions and levels.
- Ability to work as a team player, prioritize tasks in real time, and exercise judgement in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More searches like this
- Clinical Research Oncology Oncologist / Hematologist jobs in Menlo Park
- Clinical Trials Research Oncologist / Hematologist jobs in Menlo Park
- Laboratory-Based Research Oncologist / Hematologist jobs in Menlo Park
- Medical Oncology Oncologist / Hematologist jobs in Menlo Park
- Pharmaceutical Oncologist / Hematologist jobs in Menlo Park