Senior Medical Director
Senior Medical Director
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is using the power of high-intensity sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop and commercialize pioneering products for the early detection of cancer. The company is located in Menlo Park, California and Hong Kong. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The Group Medical Director will lead and manage a team of experienced Medical Directors and clinical scientists. The position includes responsible for providing clinical leadership in the definition of clinical development strategies, as well as the design, execution, and analysis of clinical studies conducted with GRAIL’s academic, community, and industry partners. This position reports to the Vice President, Clinical Development.
- Lead a clinical program through its life cycle which may include multiple studies and/or phases.
- Lead and manage a team of experienced Medical Directors and Clinical Scientists.
- Provide medical expertise to cross-functional teams. As a content expert, review abstracts, publications, medical information letters, and other medical or commercial documents for promotional or scientific use as needed.
- Participates in strategy development, collaborating with a variety of internal and external partners and stakeholders including GRAIL scientific advisory board.
- Provide experienced, critical insights and contributions to the overall development and effectiveness of GRAIL’s product development programs, prioritizing product opportunities and developing plans to generate evidence for clinical validation and clinical utility.
- Engage with GRAIL scientific advisory board and other thought leaders to innovate and refine clinical product development strategies.
- Lead the design, review, execution, and analysis of GRAIL clinical studies in support of product development plans, ensuring rigorous and compliant study conduct.
- Provide oversight to clinical data collection and quality assessment, as well as the development of analysis plans.
- Contribute to the overall strategic direction of the GRAIL Clinical organization
Your Background Should Include:
- Medical Degree and a minimum of 10 years industry experience with 8 or more years experience with clinical trials.
- 5+ years experience managing medical/clinical staff
- Experience in basic research and data interpretation in the area of relevance.
- Clinical research and product development experience in oncology and diagnostics in industry.
- Extensive working knowledge of clinical product development.
- Broad experience in the principles and techniques of data analysis, interpretation and clinical relevance.
- Comprehensive understanding of product and safety profiles.
- In-depth understanding of competitive activity in the field.
- Current or past leadership roles in major scientific and advocacy organizations preferred.
- Excellent written and communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.