Deputy Director Training & Commercial Excellence Oncology
Deputy Director Training &
Commercial Excellence Oncology
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Deputy Director, Training and Commercial Excellence, are to:
- Contribute to, and implement, the BCT/BST/BLT agreed strategies by developing standardized training outputs/programs (e.g., training modules, training materials, objection handlers, competitive POVs, selling strategies/A-B shift, ready to use "tool box" workshops, adverse event management programs, etc.) to address training needs, always ensuring that all legal and regulatory requirements are met;
- Partner closely with global colleagues (e.g., Scientific Communications, Medical Affairs, and CI) to ensure streamlined and consistent training outputs are delivered to markets in a timely fashion, through a "One Oncology Mindset," and with no repetition of content; ensure that training outputs are consistent with brand strategy and label;
- Focus training outputs on building sales force confidence and capabilities to achieve appropriate customer behavior change; leverage Scientific Communication/Medical training materials and co-create materials with US Sales Training that can be repurposed for other markets through the Content Factory;
- Drive development of training outputs for trans-creation and local Sales Excellence; focus on/support pull through in must win markets/grow markets/RMOs;
- Partner with cross functional internal partners (local and global) on the Oncology team, determine and anticipate their training needs and design effective programs that contribute to the selling skills, technical product knowledge, and overall competency of the Oncology Marketing and Sales organizations; in doing so, enables the team to advance the scientific and medical knowledge of external customers;
- Develop and maintain effective business working relationships with outside thought leaders in support of ensuring competitive state of the art inputs for training, communication, and education;
- Foster a learning environment based on adult learning principles that ensure optimal comprehension, development, and retention. Stay abreast of training and development best practices and current trends in the pharmaceutical, device, and biosciences industries, as well as the latest clinical information related to Oncology products being supported and the competition, in order to optimize the delivery and relevance of training materials and programs;
- Contribute to Sales Excellence, supporting the development of cutting-edge sales capabilities to create value for the OSBU and Bayer Oncology Community, across supported brands, regions, and functions;
- Provide commercial support when setting standards, developing frameworks/guidance, and implementing services to the Marketing and Sales organization with a clear focus on the must win markets and Brands;
- Partner as appropriate with Global Sales Excellence colleagues to facilitate sharing of best practices to ensure the future success of the business and thereby positively contribute to the profitable growth of the OSBU and Pharma
- Division overall.
- Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- B.S./M.S. with 12 years of relevant experience, with at least six years in designing and implementing adult based learning and training programs in a commercial pharmaceutical area;
- High energy, motivated team player who can collaborate and integrate well with cross functional, cross market, culturally diverse teams and colleagues;
- Demonstrated ability to manage and deliver a number of programs and projects simultaneously;
- Excellent writing, presentation, communication and relationship building skills;
- Ability to oversee training and educational activities while ensuring 100% compliance with US FDA/other Regulatory requirements and guidelines.
- Oncology experience;
- M.D./Ph.D./PharmD with Oncology specific experience, with six years of relevant experience and at least three years in designing and implementing training programs in a commercial pharmaceutical area;
- Experience in Sales, Sales Training, and/or Marketing; leadership experience;
- Ability to champion Bayer's products while maintaining an objective, unbiased perspective;
- Ability to respond flexibly to evolving priorities;
- Strong business acumen.
There are 2 openings for this role.YOUR APPLICATION
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans