Executive Director, Discovery Research & Early Development Program Leader
Executive Director, Discovery Research
& Early Development Program Leader
There is nothing conditional about what we do.
Or who we are.
Or how we treat you.
We do what’s right.
We put science for patients first,
disrupting the model to go beyond
the concepts of conventional care.
We don’t treat a condition.
We treat people & partners.
We care to change the future.
Your Impact at TESARO:
The Executive Director will provide two important roles in the company. The first is lead a team of discovery scientists to deliver new assets into the TESARO pipeline from external partnerships. The second is to act as Early Development Program Leader (DPL) for a matrix team responsible for delivering early stage assets to IND. The candidate will report to the Head of Research & Early Development.
- Lead and mentor a highly-focused and experienced discovery team of both small molecule and biotherapeutic focused scientists. Build and win support for strategic operational plans for early development programs that are aligned with late development and commercial goals.
- Oversee matrixed early development team tasked with defining and delivering on program milestones.
- Ensure proactive and effective cross-functional planning, execution, and risk mitigation.
- With support from BD, develop and recommend new target and/or partnership opportunities with a clear scientific rationale and actionable business case.
- Contribute to authorship of IND applications, invention disclosures, investigator brochures, and regulatory filings.
- Support annual long range and operating planning and tracking of early development programs in collaboration with R&D Operations.
- Ph.D. +/- M.D. in a scientific discipline with experience in leading discovery and development programs to IND, FIM, or POC.
- 15+ years of oncology experience in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- 5+ years of experience leading multi-disciplinary early development teams.
- A solid understanding of current cancer science trends and relevance to the development of new therapeutics.
- Experience integrating all critical product development disciplines (nonclinical, clinical, CMC, RA/QA, commercial strategy and development).
- Deep experience with successful IND and/or NDA submissions.
TESARO is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT US AT
Apply for Executive Director, Discovery Research & Early Development Program Leader
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Clinical Research Oncology Director of Clinical Informatics jobs in Waltham
- Clinical Trials Research Director of Clinical Informatics jobs in Waltham
- Laboratory-Based Research Director of Clinical Informatics jobs in Waltham
- Medical Oncology Director of Clinical Informatics jobs in Waltham
- Pharmaceutical Director of Clinical Informatics jobs in Waltham