Assistant Professor in Translational Genomics of Solid Tumors
3 days left
- Full Time
The University of Minnesota Medical School, in collaboration with the Masonic Cancer Center, a NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, has launched a medical discovery initiative in translational genomics of solid tumors to expand a team working to develop new technologies and models for understanding cancer heterogeneity. Our goal is to hire at least three faculty with complementary expertise in cancer genomics. Dynamic candidates in the following disciplines are encouraged to apply:
- Physician-scientists focusing on clinical applications of novel genomics tools,
- Bioinformatics scientists developing novel algorithms for advanced cancer genomics analysis,
- Basic/translational scientists with a focus on cancer in vivo modeling, and
- Molecular pathologists developing CLIA laboratory tests for rapid translation to patient care.
Successful candidates will be expected to develop a strong independent research program and collaborate with other translational genomics researchers to build a comprehensive program in solid tumors spanning basic science, translational genomics, and clinical trials.
An MD, PhD, MD/PhD or equivalent degree is required; and candidates holding an MD degree must be eligible for medical licensure in the State of Minnesota. Successful candidates will have a career interest in pre-clinical and translational research as demonstrated by a strong peer-reviewed publication record.
The selected candidates will be appointed at the rank of Assistant Professor (Tenure-Track) in a Basic Science and/or Clinical Department within the Medical School that best matches their training, research focus, and clinical service responsibilities (where applicable). Salary is commensurate with experience.
Candidates who will enrich the diversity of the University community are encouraged to apply. All candidates must apply online at http://humanresources.umn.edu/jobs. Submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of research interests, and names of 3 references to job number 324999. University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer.
More searches like this
- Clinical Research Oncology Physician-Scientist $100,000 - $199,999 jobs in Minneapolis
- Laboratory-Based Research Physician-Scientist $100,000 - $199,999 jobs in Minneapolis
- Medical Oncology Physician-Scientist $100,000 - $199,999 jobs in Minneapolis
- Multispecialty Physician-Scientist $100,000 - $199,999 jobs in Minneapolis
- Translational Research Physician-Scientist $100,000 - $199,999 jobs in Minneapolis