Clinician Educator, Prostate Cancer
The VCU School of Medicine Division of Hematology, Oncology and Palliative Care and Massey Cancer Center are seeking a Clinician Educator with a clinical focus on prostate cancer to practice at our flagship and satellite locations and to provide clinical mentoring to fellows in an outpatient clinic.
This position offers a competitive compensation package.
About the Division of Hematology, Oncology, and Palliative Care:
As part of the Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) School of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Oncology and Palliative Care members contribute their expertise and experience to our patient care, research and teaching missions. A collaborative environment among division faculty, and with other specialists from multiple disciplines, provides a comprehensive approach to patient care and physician training. As part of VCU Massey Cancer Center, division members are also involved in developing the latest cancer treatments by conducting research and translating their discoveries into cutting-edge patient care.
About Massey Cancer Center:
VCU Massey Cancer Center is one of only 68 National Cancer Institute-designated institutions in the country that leads and shapes America's cancer research efforts. Working with all kinds of cancers, Massey conducts basic science, translational and clinical cancer research, provides state-of-the-art treatments and clinical trials, and promotes cancer prevention and education. Since 1974, Massey has served as an internationally recognized center of excellence. It offers one of the largest selections of cancer clinical trials in Virginia and serves patients at multiple sites throughout the state. Its 1,000-plus researchers, clinicians and staff members are dedicated to improving the quality of human life by developing and delivering effective means to prevent, control and ultimately cure cancer.
- MD; Board certified or eligible in hematology and medical oncology and eligible for Virginia licensure
- 4+ years of post-fellowship experience with a practice focused on prostate cancer
- 3+ years of experience of clinical mentoring in the outpatient setting
- Experience serving as PI of prostate cancer clinical trials
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
- Candidates should have appropriate level of research and teaching experience commensurate with a faculty appointment
Interested candidates should apply online at https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/81095.
If interested, please contact:
Steven Grossman, M.D., Ph.D.
Chair, Division of Hematology, Oncology, and Palliative Care
Virginia Commonwealth University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/prqxbbft42xzbrbp