Chief of Surgical Oncology
Anne Arundel Medical Center (AAMC), a progressive health system located in picturesque Annapolis, Maryland, is seeking a Chief of Surgical Oncology. The successful applicant will be accomplished in the area of surgical oncology.
Responsibilities include overseeing the clinical care of patients; teaching residents and fellows; promoting scholarly research and innovation; mentoring junior faculty; managing the budget of the Division; representing the Department of Surgery and the DeCesaris Cancer Institute at AAMC; and performing other administrative duties within the Department and institution.
Applicants must have an M.D. or M.D./Ph.D. or equivalent degree and must be board certified. The successful candidate will be appointed Chief of the Division of Surgical Oncology and will have commensurate administrative responsibilities. Applicants should be highly accomplished oncologic surgeons, and commitment to education is essential. They should also be recognized for major contributions to clinical, translational, or basic research. Strong interpersonal skills are essential, as this position will lead major clinical and academic interdisciplinary initiatives.
As leader of the Division of Surgical Oncology within the Department of Surgery, the Chief will perform functions including but not limited to:
- Develop quality targets for the System Division of Surgical Oncology as well as monitor the quality and appropriateness of oncological surgical care at AAMC when rendered by physicians with clinical privileges in the System Division of Surgical Oncology and in Department of Surgery training and education programs
- Recommend and develop policies and procedures that encompass patient care, patient safety, etc. in compliance with accepted standards, regulatory agencies governing health care delivery and the guidelines/rules or accrediting bodies
- Establish a program of continuing education for all individuals who have clinical privileges in the System Division of Surgical Oncology. The program shall include educational conferences, morbidity and mortality conferences, and in-service training
- Responsible to develop plans to grow and expand the overall volume and service offerings within the Division of Surgical Oncology. This includes working closely with the Department Administration to develop appropriate business plans and projections related to services within the Division
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of faculty within the Division of Surgical Oncology
To learn more about this exceptional opportunity - please send your CV to Kim Collins, Physician Recruiter - firstname.lastname@example.org or call (443) 481-5166
Anne Arundel Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer