Chair of Oncology (Annapolis, Maryland)
In the capital city of Maryland - Annapolis– situates Anne Arundel Medical Center (AAMC) a hospital system known for progressive and innovative leadership. AAMC is searching for a physician to be the Chair of Oncology.
The Chair of Oncology is responsible for the continued development and creation of clinical programs, research and academic endeavors. Provides leadership to all aspects of the cancer service line with regard to strategic, operational, resource management, and educational efforts throughout the service. The Chair is a key clinical leader in the organization.
This physician can be either a medical, surgical or radiation oncologist.
This position will report directly to the Chief Medical Officer and integrate care vertically and horizontally with the Medical Executive Committee and the Chairs of Surgery, Medicine and Women's & Children's as well as the Medical Directors of the DCI to achieve goals. The Chair of Oncology will function in a dyad leadership model with the Vice President of the cancer service line.
The primary focus of this position will be the achievement of high value cancer care through the creation of a cancer care delivery system that is patient & disease centered, cost efficient and outcome focused.
Strategic Objective: Reduce unwarranted variation in care; enhance consumer engagement in quality and experience/ enhance research, innovation and teaching and enhance coordination of care through facility redesign.
- Leads the creation of tumor site centers of excellence; select disease specific multidisciplinary medical leaders to develop a tumor site strategy; recruit provider gaps
- Lead Providers in selection and implementation of care pathways/guidelines to reduce unwarranted variation in care
- Provides advice concerning participation in affiliation or other teaching agreements between system and educational institutions
- Presents or publish and encourage others on behalf of AAMC regarding topics of relevance to departmental leadership, clinical improvements
- Identifies opportunities to improve operational efficiencies and resource allocation related to the delivery of care
- Reviews and analyzes performance data and presents data to the Medicine, Surgery, Women's and Oncology Quality Councils
- Leads the planning efforts for Oncology CME and other professional development conferences
- Leads the implementation, development and growth of the DCI research program in collaboration with the Research Institute including expansion of physician investigators
- Serves on the Research Advisory Board
- Serves as the Chair of the Cancer Committee
- Provides oversight for compliance with the policies and procedures of the Anne Arundel Medical Center, the Joint Commission (JC), American College of Radiology (ACR), ACoS CoC and other accrediting agencies, and the Medical Staff Bylaws.
- Competitive Compensation
- Robust Benefit Package
- Paid Time-Off
- 403b with Matching
- Paid Holidays
- Work/Life Balance
- Health, Dental, Vision and so much more…
Come and see why so many providers chose Anne Arundel Medical Center as their place to practice medicine. To learn more about this exceptional opportunity - please send your CV to Kim Collins, Physician Recruiter -
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (443) 481-5166
Anne Arundel Medical Center is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer
Contact Us: email@example.com