Radiation Oncology Section Chief
The Norris Cotton Cancer Center (NCCC) and the Department of Medicine at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (D-H) Medical Center and the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth are recruiting a Section Chief of Radiation Oncology. The successful candidate will lead an established academic practice that includes a full spectrum of clinical and academic engagement in radiation oncology, a newly established residency program and a strong portfolio of both clinical trials and NIH-funded research. The Section of Radiation Oncology fulfills clinical, educational, and research missions through collaborative work across the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, the Geisel School of Medicine and Dartmouth College. This role offers an academic environment that includes subspecialty clinical services across a regional New Hampshire and Vermont oncology service line. The ideal candidate is a dynamic leader with outstanding academic, clinical and leadership skills suitable to guide the potential future transition of the Section of Radiation Oncology to full Departmental status.
In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- Leadership experience in an organization of comparable scope or complexity.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing the highest quality and cost-efficient cancer care.
- Demonstrated commitment to education and a record of accomplishment with nationally recognized, externally funded research and/or clinical research trials.
- Academic credentials commensurate with appointment at the Geisel School of Medicine at rank of Professor or Associate Professor.
- Eligibility for appointment to the professional clinical staff at D-H.
- Excellent interpersonal, clinical, and teaching skills, along with board certification in radiation oncology.
The Norris Cotton Cancer is an NIH-designated comprehensive cancer center spanning the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health System, Dartmouth College, and the Geisel School of Medicine. The main campus of Dartmouth-Hitchcock is located in the Upper Connecticut Valley, on the Vermont border. Cultural opportunities are enhanced by Dartmouth College and the area is renowned for four season outdoor activities and diverse arts and entertainment offerings.
Applicants are encouraged to apply online with CV and cover letter on our Provider Career site:
Please address CV and cover letter to:
Corey A. Siegel, MD, MS (Search Committee Chair)
Section Chief, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
c/o Anny J. Hamshaw
Department of Physician Recruitment
One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.