Genitourinary (GU) Medical Oncologist | Southern CA | City of Hope National Medical Center
City of Hope National Medical Center
Genitourinary Medical Oncology Job Description
The Department of Medical Oncology at City of Hope National Medical Center is seeking a Genitourinary (GU) Medical Oncologist, board-certified/eligible in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology with additional experience in GU Oncology.
- Full-time hours working with a renowned urology group and dynamic medical oncology group in an integrated, multidisciplinary department
- Protected research/academic time in a highly translational research environment with extensive clinical trial infrastructure
- Primary clinical responsibility in the care of patients with bladder cancer and other GU malignancies
- Teaching responsibilities, training both fellows specializing in the broader area of medical oncology as well as fellows training for a career specifically in GU oncology
- Excellent salary, potential for incentive compensation, & benefits including a generous retirement package.
*The successful candidate will exhibit a commitment to clinical excellence and innovation, and have a strong track record in research. Must participate in clinical or basic science research relevant to GU Oncology and demonstrate a commitment to research as shown by submission and presentation of abstracts in residency and published manuscripts. Academic rank will be commensurate with experience.
A commitment to provide state-of-the-art patient focused clinical care and lead specialized training of physicians with malignant GU oncology conditions are key components of the position that should be supported by prior experience.
This position is a rare opportunity to work in a 300+ member integrated, multidisciplinary Medical Group Practice serving an NCI designated comprehensive cancer center in highly desirable Southern California, within an established and highly respected Department of Medical Oncology. Lifestyle opportunities for individuals as well as families are unparalleled. The City of Hope is an expanding institution in both numbers of patients per year as well as infrastructure investment in clinical, academic and research facilities.