DIRECTOR OF RESEARCH
DIRECTOR OF RESEARCH
Prominent and respected Oncology/Hematology group – Long Island, NY
A prominent and respected Oncology/Hematology group, is seeking a Director of Research
The Director will be responsible for administrative supervision and management of all clinical trials in a highly matrix and collaborative environment. Specifically, the Director will:
- Oversee and supervise clinical research operations including staffing, professional development, clinical trial grants and contracts, facilities, equipment inventory, space inventory and clinical trial management systems. Proven ability to work on complex grant mechanisms and support all aspects of the department.
- Oversee and optimize a total clinical research expense budget.
- Oversee all clinical research infrastructures and service work in collaboration with the administration. Implement the reorganization of the technical and operational components of clinical research to support cancer and non-cancer clinical research in the Cancer Center.
- Identify the need, prioritize the implementation, lead the design of business processes, and ensure sustainability of administrative and operational support systems for clinical research.
- Establish policies and procedures to ensure compliance and enable the staff to carry out clinical research.
- Advocate for staff on personnel issues, including performance evaluation, organizational development and recruitment.
- Oversee the operational management of clinical research expenditures, as well as the generation of new research revenue from industry sponsors and external peer reviewed organizations
- Must hold a Master’s degree in at least one work related area, such as Healthcare Administration, Public Policy or Health, Health Services Research, Life Sciences, Business Administration Organizational Development. Salary will be based on experience. A minimum of 5 years of experience immediately credible to the highest levels of basic and clinical research leadership by taking a consultative and collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Proactive with respect to clinical trial and disease team needs, responsive with respect to new opportunities, and fair with respect to administrative decision-making.
- Flexible in thought and style, highly tolerant of change and ambiguity and creative in resolving differences of opinion.
- Persistent, team-oriented and ready to obtain the highest goals possible.
- Able to simplify, prioritize and make trade-offs in complex, emergent situations and yet retain a collegial, impactful, and outstanding research environment.
- Demonstrated facilitative leadership abilities in building teams and managing deadline driven clinical research operations.
- Proven success cultivating a flourishing, high-impact research environment immediately credible to the highest levels of basic and clinical research leadership by taking a consultative and collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Proactive with respect to clinical trials, responsive with respect to new opportunities and fair with respect to administrative decision-making.
Respectable benefit package and salary will be based on experience.
Applicants please email resume to:
Equal opportunity employer.